Efficiently Calculate Radian Circles | Part B Explanation

Therefore, \angle DAB \cong \angle DAC. In summary, to solve for the angle DAB and DAC, we can use the fact that they are equal and the relationship between the angles and sides in congruent triangles. The final answer for the angle is pi - 1.1 = 2.04.
synkk
2lnwdp0.png

for part b I'm not sure how to do it

any hints on how to do it? I've tried using sine rule etc but I'm just guessing, and I'm pretty sure there is a more simple method.

Physics news on Phys.org

Hint: What is the relation between the angles DAB and DAC?

Ninty64 said:
Hint: What is the relation between the angles DAB and DAC?

Right well I got this, I'm not sure if its right. DAB and DAC are equal so let's call DAB "a", 2pi = 2.2 + 2a so 2pi - 2.2 / 2 = a which is pi - 1.1 = 2.04?

That's right, and I believe your math is correct too.

Since all three sides of the triangles are congruent:
[itex]\overline{DB}\cong\overline{DC}[/itex] given
[itex]\overline{BA}\cong\overline{AC}[/itex] because they are the same length
[itex]\overline{AD}\cong\overline{AD}[/itex] trivial, they share a common line
Then the corresponding angles in the triangles must also be congruent.

1. How do you calculate the circumference of a circle in radians?

In order to calculate the circumference of a circle in radians, you can use the formula C = 2πr, where C is the circumference and r is the radius of the circle. However, it is important to first convert the angle measure from degrees to radians by multiplying it by π/180.

2. What is the purpose of calculating radians in a circle?

Radians are used to measure angles in a circle and are especially useful in mathematical calculations involving trigonometric functions. They allow for more precise and efficient calculations compared to using degrees.

3. Can you explain the concept of radians in simpler terms?

Radians are a unit of measurement for angles in a circle. It represents the length of the arc on the circumference of a circle, divided by the radius of the circle. In simpler terms, it is a way to measure angles based on the size of the circle.

4. How can I convert degrees to radians?

To convert degrees to radians, you can use the formula x degrees = xπ/180 radians. For example, if you have an angle of 90 degrees, it would be equivalent to (90π/180) = π/2 radians.

5. Is there a specific method for calculating radians in a circle?

Yes, there are several methods for calculating radians in a circle, such as using the arc length formula or the circumference formula. The most common method is to use the formula θ = s/r, where θ is the angle in radians, s is the arc length, and r is the radius of the circle.