1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radiant Power/Wavelength graph Lighting

1. Jun 2, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I have two graphs (Radiant Power vs wavelength) and I have to choose which one would be the best for a shop -- the one with the least yellowing. (fluorescent bulbs)

I wasn't sure how to tell. The emission spectrums are very similar. The continuous spectrums are different, the one has a wider radiant power in the 350-500 wavelength (in nm) and the other has more in the 600-700 wavelength part. They have about the same from 550 to 590 nm.

3. The attempt at a solution
    I think the one with the greater wavelength from 400 - 600 nm would be the whitest, without a yellowing effect because it has more blue-green-yellow of the spectrum to make white, while the other has more of the end of the spectrum, indicating a more yellowish light.

Is this the right way to go about choosing the light?

Any help is highly appreciated, thank you!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted