1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radiation Health Physics

1. Oct 21, 2014 #1
    I am thinking about enrolling in the online Radiation Health Physics Masters program at Oregon State University. Does anyone know of this program and whether it's credible or not?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 21, 2014 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Online?

I know Oregon State has an accredited medical physics program and I believe they have a strong health physics program, but I'm not sure if those are the same thing. If you intend to go into health physics, then I'm sure an online MSc could be done, but I would be curious to know how they deal with the practical aspects of teaching you health physics. Would they show you how to calibrate a survey meter for example?

4. Oct 21, 2014 #3
    Oregon state has a one week on campus instrumentation lab. I am a nuclear medicine technologist so I am also familiar with radiation instrumentation. Would I be able to get a job after completion of Masters in Radiation Physics? I will be eligible to take part 1 of CHP exam after completing the masters program. However how good is the job market for radiation health physics? $27000.00 is a big investment for masters in radiation physics degree.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook