Learn How to Build Your Own RC Controls for Your Robots | Beginner's Guide

In summary, the speaker is new to making radio controls and has recently built a simple RC using a 2-bit Tx-Rx kit from a local shop. They are looking for tutorials on how to build a proper radio control for their robots, as mechanical engineering courses do not cover this topic. They need around 6-7 controls for their current project, an all-terrain vehicle. They ask for suggestions for tutorials and mention that hobby shops sell transmitters and receivers with multiple channels, which can be used for model aircraft and work with servos or motor controllers.
ank_gl
hey i m kinda new at making radio controls... just made a simple RC with a 2 bit Tx- Rx kit that i got from a local shop... all my robots are wired... so i want to move on to a proper radio control(coz they don't teach RC makin in mechanical engineering:cry: :cry: ) ...
can anyone suggest me some tutorials for RC building(for maybe about 6-7 controls , coz currently i m making an all terrain vehicle, a small one, about 80cmX80cm, so i need controls for throttle,brakes,clutch,gear shift, steer )
pleasezzzzzz help...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hobby shops will carry transmitters and receivers with many channels. They're usually marketed for model aircraft. The receiver output uses a pulse-width system, which will work directly with any servo or motor controller designed for rc use.

Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on taking the initiative to build your own RC controls for your robots! It's great to see someone new to the hobby and eager to learn.

There are plenty of resources available online for building your own RC controls, so don't worry about not learning it in your mechanical engineering studies. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

1. YouTube tutorials: YouTube is a great platform for learning new skills, and there are many videos available that walk you through the process of building your own RC controls. You can search for specific tutorials for the controls you need, or watch general tutorials that cover the basics of RC control building.

2. Online forums and communities: There are many online communities dedicated to RC hobbyists where you can find tips, advice, and tutorials on building your own controls. Some popular ones include RCGroups and RC Universe.

3. Online courses: There are also online courses available that teach you how to build your own RC controls. These courses usually have a fee, but they provide a more structured and comprehensive learning experience.

4. Books and manuals: If you prefer a more traditional approach, there are also books and manuals available that cover the basics of RC control building. You can find these at your local library or purchase them online.

Remember, building your own RC controls may take some time and practice, so don't get discouraged if things don't work out perfectly the first time. Keep learning and experimenting, and you'll eventually be able to build the controls you need for your robots. Best of luck!

1. What is radio control and how does it work?

Radio control is a method of remotely controlling a device using radio waves. It involves two components: a transmitter and a receiver. The transmitter sends signals to the receiver, which then controls the device's movements or functions.

2. What types of devices can be controlled using radio control?

Radio control can be used to control a variety of devices, including cars, boats, drones, airplanes, and robots. It can also be used to control household appliances, such as lights and thermostats.

3. How do I choose the right radio control system for my device?

When choosing a radio control system, consider the frequency, range, and number of channels required for your device. Higher frequencies offer better range and more stable control, while more channels allow for more control options. It's also important to ensure that the system is compatible with your device's receiver.

4. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using radio control?

Yes, it's important to follow safety guidelines when using radio control. Always operate your device in an open and clear area to avoid interference. Make sure to properly charge and maintain your batteries, and follow all instructions for use and maintenance provided by the manufacturer.

5. Where can I find tutorials for learning how to use radio control?

There are many resources available for learning how to use radio control, including online tutorials, instructional videos, and user manuals. You can also join a local club or organization dedicated to radio control to learn from experienced members and participate in hands-on activities.