1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radio Electronics Based Career

1. Feb 22, 2006 #1
    I am thinking of joing up with the army when old enough, although I don't know witch branch would best suit a radio electronics based career. Anyone have any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2006 #2
    I would assume the air force. They also have the best educational perks, at least that is what I hear.

4. Feb 23, 2006 #3

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Navy has execellent training also. Plus the possibility of travel.

5. Feb 24, 2006 #4
    Ya, I would definetely say that the Navy and Airforce would be your best bet. I have a tip for you though if you want to join the Air Force or the Navy: DON'T GET IN ANY TROUBLE WITH THE LAW!!!
    I have three Mistemeanors on my record from when I was younger, and I tryed to join the Navy when I was 18, and I could not get in due to them. The mistemeanors included: A ticket for noise violation when I was 13 years old for playing my drums too loud. I got caught steeling a pair of shoes (which were on sale for 22 dollars), when I was 14. And I got a DUI when I was 18, but it was dropped down to a misdemeanor.
    They said that if I had only had that DUI, then I could join (since it was not a fellony), but since I had those other two things on my record I could not. I really tried to join too. I tried for about a year, and eventually they told me there is no possible way to join. The only branch I could still join was the Army.
    So don't get into trouble.

6. Feb 24, 2006 #5
    I'll stay out of trouble :wink:

Thanks for the input

7. Feb 24, 2006 #6
    How old are you?

8. Feb 24, 2006 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, I'd have to say that a DUI (while under the legal drinking age, no less) indicates a serious lack of personal responsibility. I wouldn't expect that the armed forces would want such irresponsible people.

- Warren

9. Feb 24, 2006 #8
    15, how old are you ?:smile:

10. Feb 24, 2006 #9
    Ok...I guess you expected wrong.

11. Feb 24, 2006 #10

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I did? Nothing000 related how the armed forces wouldn't take him.

- Warren

12. Feb 24, 2006 #11
    The navy would take him, but the army did.

I just though that was kinda rude what you said " serious lack of personal responsibility"

David

13. Feb 24, 2006 #12

Screw you man. You don't know me. Ya, I bet you are just perfect, and never did anything stupid when you were young. You seriously have offended me budy. I was just trying to tell him not to make a stupid mistake I made.

14. Feb 24, 2006 #13
    Right on McCornick, that was rude of chroot. Dude, I respect you chroot, but I am a little pissed about what you said about me. You could have said something along the lines of: "I agree with Nothing000, make sure to stay out of trouble." Or something like that.

15. Feb 24, 2006 #14

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just have a rather strong contempt for drunk drivers. If you knew how badly such drivers have affected my life, you'd probably share my contempt.

- Warren

16. Feb 24, 2006 #15
    Sorry to hear that, although he must share that same contempt becuase he was not promoting it at all, just calling on an old mistake, so...

Their wasn't any need for the harsh words.

17. Feb 25, 2006 #16
    Yes, I am very much against drunk driving. It is no joke. My dad was in prison when I was growing up, and I met this guy in there one time when I was visiting my dad and the guy got drunk on his 21st birthday and ended up driving his car and killing someone. He was sentenced to 20 years (he had already been in for 9 when I met him). That kind of stuff happens ALL the time. When people choose to drink and drive they not only ruin inocent peoples lifes, but they usually ruin their own as well.
    So let me just say it again: don't do anything stupid like drink and drive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?