Radio interview by yours truly

In summary, the rally was held in response to the recent murders in Belgium, and the speaker discussed the problem of racism in the country. The speaker had a call from a radio station asking for an interview, and they sound very proud of their voice.
Kalimaa23
Hiya,

Today we had a rally on our campus against racist violence. The last few months in Belgium have been marked by a series of incidents, the worst of which was the murder of three people last week in Antwerp by an 18 year old boy who was apparently inspired by racist propaganda.

As one of the organisers, I got a call from a Brussels radiostation this morning, asking for an interview. You can listen to it here (the page seems to be loading slowly at the moment)

http://www.brusselnieuws.be/site/rubrieken/1091053972/page.htm?newsID=1147953056#

Just click the link "Luister" with the speaker next to it.

I'm sorry that it is in Dutch, but at least you can get an idea as to what my voice sounds like :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Dimitri Terryn said:
Hiya,

Today we had a rally on our campus against racist violence. The last few months in Belgium have been marked by a series of incidents, the worst of which was the murder of three people last week in Antwerp by an 18 year old boy who was apparently inspired by racist propaganda.

As one of the organisers, I got a call from a Brussels radiostation this morning, asking for an interview. You can listen to it here (the page seems to be loading slowly at the moment)

http://www.brusselnieuws.be/site/rubrieken/1091053972/page.htm?newsID=1147953056#

Just click the link "Luister" with the speaker next to it

I'm sorry that it is in Dutch, but at least you can get an idea as to what my voice sounds like :biggrin:

I did not know that things had become so bad, is this a trend or just a hot spot ?

You sound very authoritative and have a good public-speaking voice. Unfortunately, I can't understand a word of it. :frown:

Sounds really great! Tho I don't understand it either. Your speaking voice is very nice.

alleh da ist zeer plezant :wink:

Monique said:
alleh da ist zeer plezant :wink:

Nou zeg, ik vond het harstikke gezellig... :biggrin:

Maybe a bit more background is in order.

The last few months saw a couple of incidents that were clearly racist in nature. A couple of neo-nazi thugs beat up a black guy and his friend in Bruges, the house of a Moroccan family was torched down in Kortrijk, and last week a 18yo boy, who just got expelled from his school, took to the streets of Antwerp with a hunting rifle he had just bought. He gunned down a Turkish woman, a black woman and the little (white) girl she was taking care of.

A problem we have in Flanders is that the party "Vlaams Belang" is now the largest party. Its forerunner was banned for being openly racist, and had it's roots in the WWII-area fascist movement. Like all populist parties in Europe, it is using fear and hate-mongering to draw the malcontent vote. A few organisations at my university, including the Student's Counsil of which I am the vice-president, decided that we would symbolically hold a minute silence, to denounce racist violence and to express our sympathy with the family of the victims. That's the gist of it.

I'm proud to see you take a stand on this.

Also, you have a great voice. :!)

Thanks dear :biggrin:

1. What is the purpose of a radio interview?

A radio interview allows for a conversation between the interviewer and the interviewee to discuss a particular topic or share information with listeners. It is a way to engage with a wider audience and provide valuable insights or perspectives.

2. How do you prepare for a radio interview?

To prepare for a radio interview, it is important to research the topic being discussed, gather any relevant data or information, and practice speaking about it in a clear and concise manner. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the format and style of the radio show and the interviewer's style.

3. What are some tips for giving a successful radio interview?

Some tips for giving a successful radio interview include speaking clearly and confidently, keeping your answers concise and to the point, and engaging with the interviewer and audience. It is also important to be prepared, stay on topic, and be yourself.

4. How do you handle difficult or unexpected questions during a radio interview?

If faced with a difficult or unexpected question during a radio interview, it is important to remain calm and composed. Take a moment to gather your thoughts and provide an honest and thoughtful response. It is also okay to politely decline to answer if the question is outside of your expertise or comfort level.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid during a radio interview?

Some common mistakes to avoid during a radio interview include rambling or going off-topic, using technical jargon that may not be understood by the audience, and being too rehearsed or scripted. It is also important to avoid interrupting the interviewer or other guests and to maintain a professional and respectful tone throughout the interview.

Back