is there exists radioactive compound, such as uranium compound with some other elements? does the bonding of atoms into molecules make radioactive decay more difficult? causing "screening" effect for example?
Related High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics News on Phys.org
Radioactivity is wholly a property of the nucleus and is independent of the compound in which the radionuclide is present. The rate of nuclear decay (transformation) is the same regardless of the compound.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving