Radon price: $4/m ?

Radon price: $4/m ??

I'm doing some research on Radon. I have to put together a PowerPoint presentation that describes its origins, properties, characteristics, etc. (Each student was assigned a different element.)

One piece of information I'm required to report on is current price to purchase a sample of the element. I have found only one source that mentions a purchase price for Radon, and it says "Radon can be purchased for approximately $4/m." - without further explanation.

What is "m"?? I assume it must be a unit of volume or mass, but if so I'm not familiar with it.

Any ideas?

Answers and Replies

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Mmmmm metre, that well known unit of mass... :smile:

Can we see the source?

Yes, of course! Sorry, I should have posted that.

The actual quote is "Radon is available at a cost of about $4/m."

http://www.scescape.net/~woods/elements/radon.html [Broken]

edit: That same source has a table above the text which states that the cost is "$/100g" (no numeric value is given).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... I just found another source that says: "Radon is available at a cost of about $4/m Ci."

I know that Ci is a Curie, measuring radioactivity. Could "m Ci" mean mCi: a milli-Curie?

edit: second source is http://www.speclab.com/elements/radon.htm

Last edited:
Andrew Mason
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Bruce Bacher said:
Hmmm... I just found another source that says: "Radon is available at a cost of about $4/m Ci."

I know that Ci is a Curie, measuring radioactivity. Could "m Ci" mean mCi: a milli-Curie?
That would be right.

AM

Woohoo! That makes a lot more sense than "m"!