Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ramajuan Math

1. Nov 18, 2013 #1
    So, recently i found out that Ramajuan's math is highly applicable and usable in modern physics(things like string theory and stuff) so i decided to start learning more about his work and i stumbled on some questions.
    1.What kind of math background do i need before diving into Ramajuan's work?
    2.What books to you recommend me? I saw that there are very few book about his work, help me chose between

The Collected Essays of A.K.Ramanujan (Paperback) New by A. K. Ramanujan
    Collected Papers of Srinivasa Ramanujan (Hardback)

Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Well AK Ramanujan was an Indian poet, scholar and author, a philologist, folklorist, translator and playwright so I think that rules out the first book.

The wiki article has some references that you could check out to learn more about his works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srinivasa_Ramanujan

4. Nov 19, 2013 #3
    Yes, sorry.But i can t seem to find anything anywhere about his work...

5. Nov 19, 2013 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Are you saying the wiki page didnt help? Its got a lot of references some are shown below fro the Other Links section of the article:

There are also other wiki articles on his more famous math conjectures and results.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook