Why Women Complain About Toilet Seats

• Thread starter Netme
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Random
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of women being upset at men for not lifting the toilet seat because of the piss left on the seat. However, the real reason behind this frustration is not about the work involved, but rather a cleanliness issue. Women do not want to touch a toilet seat covered in urine and do not want to look into the toilet bowl with the lid up. The discussion also addresses the issue of bad aimers and suggests that they should be responsible for lifting the seat, while others should not have to bother. The conversation then shifts to the topic of feminism and the confusion surrounding it. Finally, it is mentioned that the speaker pees in the shower and can pee on someone without them knowing it. The conversation ends with the
Netme
Woman are not mad at men for not lifting the toilet seat because of the piss left on the seat, their just mad because if they lift it themselves that would make them the ones doing all the work. They think this way subconsciously without knowing it. If the real reason to their complaining was in fact because of the piss left on the seat, they would probably just raise the seat up themselves each time after they were through. They want men to lift the toilet seat up when they piss so that the man would be doing half of the work, and after the woman pees, she would then put the seat down which would complete the cycle with both sides having the equal amount of work done…feminism is truly a *****.

Physics news on Phys.org
What an astonishing piece of insight. I think you have changed my world outlook forever.

zoobyshoe said:
What an astonishing piece of insight. I think you have changed my world outlook forever.
Except that it is an astonishingly INCORRECT piece of {insight?}. If you really think this is a work issue, you have a WHOLE LOT to learn about women. Now maybe it is a work issue for YOU (how 'bout getting your lazy ass off the couch and actually going in and CLEANING that toilet!) -but for us, it's a cleanliness issue. We don't want to TOUCH a toilet seat covered in piss, and we don't want to look into the toilet bowl with the lid up. I always feel I have to wash my hands BEFORE I go to the bathroom if I have to touch the seat to put it down. It's GROSS! I don't want that hand touching any part of my body after it's touched that nasty toilet seat. So, to reiterate - IT'S NOT A WORK ISSUE! WE DON'T LIKE TOUCHING YOUR PEE-COVERED TOILET SEAT! :rolleyes: :mad: :tongue: :eek: :biggrin:

and we don't want to look into the toilet bowl with the lid up.

That's the nub of the complaint. But it's a hard sell to the guys, who always have to stare into the toilet. What's not to like about it?

selfAdjoint said:
That's the nub of the complaint. But it's a hard sell to the guys, who always have to stare into the toilet.
Well, I got to tell ya. From what I've seen at work, guys do not even LOOK at the toilet while they pee. They look just about everywhere else, and their aim pretty much goes with wherever they're looking. Which is why we girls don't want to touch the bottom of that nasty seat!

What's not to like about it?
Uhhhh... 'Skid' marks? :eek: (Jeez, I wish they'd put seat covers on the toilets at work.) :mad:

uh...who has problems pissing in the bowl? jeez i dont, I'm glad I'M normal :)

Men are expected to do everything the women must do except that men create the problems associated with bad aim. So really I think this is an aim dependent issue. Bad aimers should should lift the seat while the rest of us more talented folks shouldn't have to bother. As for the women, if you run with a crowd of bad aimers then that's your problem. Bad life choices come with consequences. :tongue:

Ivan Seeking said:
Men are expected to do everything the women must do except that men create the problems associated with bad aim. So really I think this is an aim dependent issue. Bad aimers should should lift the seat while the rest of us more talented folks shouldn't have to bother. As for the women, if you run with a crowd of bad aimers then that's your problem. Bad life choices come with consequences. :tongue:
I envy Tsunami more every day. :frown:

Netme said:
of work done…feminism is truly a *****.

Im kinda confused here... what type of feminism? The feminist movement in the 1920s about the right to vote? Nineteenth Amendment? Or the modern feminist movement? (the highly-manhating one, of which I am completely confused about) ?

Tsunami, if you're grossed out by the toilet thing there is always the layer-the-toilet-paper-on-the-bowl option, or you could go natural style near a stylish tree (100% fertilizer!)

I thought the whole issue was that we were supposed to remember to put the seat back down when we are done pissing, so that the woman doesn't sit in the bowl.
It's all so confusing, that's why I pee in the shower. Did you know you can pee on someone in the shower and they don't even know it?

tribdog said:
It's all so confusing, that's why I pee in the shower. Did you know you can pee on someone in the shower and they don't even know it?

I never knew that, tribdog you are a bad influence

Really though, can any knowledge be considered bad?

Ivan Seeking said:
Yes, darlin' - and I've been suffering :eek: those consequences for many years! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tsunami said:
I always feel I have to wash my hands BEFORE I go to the bathroom if I have to touch the seat to put it down.

I live with my parents and my brother. 2 of the 3 men would rather piss on the seat than lift the seat up (I'm the one who lifts the seat up). Because of men being such pigs, my mom has her own bathroom. If I have to drop anchor, I always try to use that bathroom. If I'm forced to use the piss-seat bathroom, I always end up cleaning the seat before I use it! Of course the piss-seat bathroom has a concave seat which makes it even more disgusting. It always seems necessary to shower after using that bathroom... :frown:

Am I the only guy in the world who does not enjoy sitting in his own urine?

tribdog said:
I thought the whole issue was that we were supposed to remember to put the seat back down when we are done pissing, so that the woman doesn't sit in the bowl.
I will never forget the night I woke up and went to the bathroom and ended up splashing down into cold water. :mad:

tribdog said:
Did you know you can pee on someone in the shower and they don't even know it?
I take it your girlfriend doesn't come to PF?

Evo said:
I will never forget the night I woke up and went to the bathroom and ended up splashing down into cold water. :mad:

You sat down without looking? What happens if one of the men in the house pissed on the seat :eek:

ShawnD said:
You sat down without looking? What happens if one of the men in the house pissed on the seat :eek:
I was half asleep. I wasn't thinking. Now I check to make sure the seat is down, even when there are no men around. Once is enough. Talk about a rude awakening! :eek:

My mom used to tell me that little story. I never believed it.

cookiemonster

cookiemonster said:
My mom used to tell me that little story. I never believed it.

cookiemonster
BELIEVE IT!

Nope, sorry.

cookiemonster

It's about equal to crossing the street without looking both ways. And since adults can do anything kids can do (not pertaining to size), it's fully possible that a grown woman can fall into a toilet.

:biggrin:

Especially since men don't live in my house, I had a guest. I wasn't expecting the lid to be up.

Likely excuse!

Either way, I don't think you can weasel your way out of looking bad on this one. ;)

cookiemonster

Just be happy he was polite enough to lift the seat before going.

Evo said:
I take it your girlfriend doesn't come to PF?

My girlfriend can't spell PF

cookiemonster said:
Likely excuse!

Either way, I don't think you can weasel your way out of looking bad on this one. ;)

cookiemonster
Would another testimonial help to persuade you? How about 3 of them? My mom, my sister and myself had a riotous time telling our stories of sitting in the bowl - and yes, it was usually well after midnight and in the dark. Not only that, but I had a cat that used to love to drink out of the toilet, balanced precariously on the seat. When Ivan and I started dating, he left the seat up a few times and not only did I fall in, but so did the cat. (Although THAT was FUNNY! :biggrin: :biggrin: ) Ivan soon learned that, to keep peace with me and the cat, he needs to put the seat put the seat down. Especially since, after the first time he did it, after drying off I went back to bed and snuggled my cold (and still slightly damp) buns up against him in his sleep! I figured one 'rude awakening' deserved another! :wink: :biggrin: Of course, HE thought it was hysterical and well worth it. :mad:

tribdog said:
My girlfriend can't spell PF
tribdog, I love you man. You crack me up so BAD...! :biggrin: You've been in rare form lately. :wink:

Tsunami said:
I went back to bed and snuggled my cold (and still slightly damp) buns up against him in his sleep!

...and all this time I thought that was the cat! :eek:

i don't get Evo's story...did she sit in a potty? OOH OOH, did she FALL down the toilet??

Yes, your PF mom fell into the toilet. :frown:

Tsunami said:
tribdog, I love you man. You crack me up so BAD...! :biggrin: You've been in rare form lately. :wink:
lol, thanks. I don't think you are supposed to encourage me though.
I tore a muscle in my chest and I've been stuck on a couch all week so I'm spending about 18 hours a day online. You guys have been stuck with me.

Evo said:
Yes, your PF mom fell into the toilet. :frown:
As did your PF aunt (AND her sister, AND her mother). I'm quite certain there are MANY others who have also experienced this.

Tsunami said:
As did your PF aunt (AND her sister, AND her mother). I'm quite certain there are MANY others who have also experienced this.

Wow, none of your relatives are very bright. You better hope Mendelev was wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... i hope it isn't e-hereditary otherwise i hear the toilet coming to get me...

When I was 8 years old, I could direct a high velocity stream of pee six foot from the toilet bowl and hit nothing but net. Now I straddle the bowl and hit nothing rim.