Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Random Awareness

1. Mar 31, 2004 #1
    Woman are not mad at men for not lifting the toilet seat because of the piss left on the seat, their just mad because if they lift it themselves that would make them the ones doing all the work. They think this way subconsciously without knowing it. If the real reason to their complaining was in fact because of the piss left on the seat, they would probably just raise the seat up themselves each time after they were through. They want men to lift the toilet seat up when they piss so that the man would be doing half of the work, and after the woman pees, she would then put the seat down which would complete the cycle with both sides having the equal amount of work done…feminism is truly a *****.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2004 #2
    What an astonishing piece of insight. I think you have changed my world outlook forever.

4. Mar 31, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

Except that it is an astonishingly INCORRECT piece of {insight?}. If you really think this is a work issue, you have a WHOLE LOT to learn about women. Now maybe it is a work issue for YOU (how 'bout getting your lazy ass off the couch and actually going in and CLEANING that toilet!) -but for us, it's a cleanliness issue. We don't want to TOUCH a toilet seat covered in piss, and we don't want to look into the toilet bowl with the lid up. I always feel I have to wash my hands BEFORE I go to the bathroom if I have to touch the seat to put it down. It's GROSS!!!! I don't want that hand touching any part of my body after it's touched that nasty toilet seat. So, to reiterate - IT'S NOT A WORK ISSUE!!! WE DON'T LIKE TOUCHING YOUR PEE-COVERED TOILET SEAT!! :rolleyes: :mad: :tongue: :eek: :biggrin:

5. Mar 31, 2004 #4

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

and we don't want to look into the toilet bowl with the lid up.

That's the nub of the complaint. But it's a hard sell to the guys, who always have to stare into the toilet. What's not to like about it?

6. Mar 31, 2004 #5

Tsu

Gold Member

Well, I gotta tell ya. From what I've seen at work, guys do not even LOOK at the toilet while they pee. They look just about everywhere else, and their aim pretty much goes with wherever they're looking. Which is why we girls don't want to touch the bottom of that nasty seat!

Uhhhh... 'Skid' marks? :eek: (Jeez, I wish they'd put seat covers on the toilets at work.) :mad:

7. Mar 31, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

uh...who has problems pissing in the bowl??? jeez i dont, i'm glad I'M normal :)

8. Mar 31, 2004 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Men are expected to do everything the women must do except that men create the problems associated with bad aim. So really I think this is an aim dependent issue. Bad aimers should should lift the seat while the rest of us more talented folks shouldn't have to bother. As for the women, if you run with a crowd of bad aimers then that's your problem. Bad life choices come with consequences. :tongue:

9. Mar 31, 2004 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I envy Tsunami more every day. :frown:

10. Mar 31, 2004 #9
    Im kinda confused here... what type of feminism? The feminist movement in the 1920s about the right to vote? Nineteenth Amendment? Or the modern feminist movement? (the highly-manhating one, of which I am completly confused about) ?

Tsunami, if you're grossed out by the toilet thing there is always the layer-the-toilet-paper-on-the-bowl option, or you could go natural style near a stylish tree (100% fertilizer!)

11. Mar 31, 2004 #10
    I thought the whole issue was that we were supposed to remember to put the seat back down when we are done pissing, so that the woman doesn't sit in the bowl.
    It's all so confusing, that's why I pee in the shower. Did you know you can pee on someone in the shower and they don't even know it?

12. Mar 31, 2004 #11
    I never knew that, tribdog you are a bad influence

13. Mar 31, 2004 #12
    Really though, can any knowledge be considered bad?

14. Mar 31, 2004 #13

Tsu

Gold Member

Yes, darlin' - and I've been suffering :eek: those consequences for many years!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

15. Mar 31, 2004 #14

ShawnD

Science Advisor

I live with my parents and my brother. 2 of the 3 men would rather piss on the seat than lift the seat up (I'm the one who lifts the seat up). Because of men being such pigs, my mom has her own bathroom. If I have to drop anchor, I always try to use that bathroom. If I'm forced to use the piss-seat bathroom, I always end up cleaning the seat before I use it! Of course the piss-seat bathroom has a concave seat which makes it even more disgusting. It always seems necessary to shower after using that bathroom... :frown:

Am I the only guy in the world who does not enjoy sitting in his own urine?

16. Mar 31, 2004 #15

Evo

I will never forget the night I woke up and went to the bathroom and ended up splashing down into cold water. :mad:

I take it your girlfriend doesn't come to PF?

17. Mar 31, 2004 #16

ShawnD

Science Advisor

You sat down without looking? What happens if one of the men in the house pissed on the seat :eek:

18. Mar 31, 2004 #17

Evo

I was half asleep. I wasn't thinking. Now I check to make sure the seat is down, even when there are no men around. Once is enough. Talk about a rude awakening!!! :eek:

19. Mar 31, 2004 #18
    My mom used to tell me that little story. I never believed it.

cookiemonster

20. Mar 31, 2004 #19

Evo

BELIEVE IT!!!!

21. Apr 1, 2004 #20
    Nope, sorry.

cookiemonster

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?