Random Numbered .exe programs

• Thread starter Squall
  • Start date
Hi i am having a little bit of a problem for some strange reason my computer is running random numbered .exe programs example: 361921.exe and each one is trying to contact the DNS server. Can any one tell me what this is or how to fix it.

I think it had something to do with the latest windows update that i downloaded yesterday. If anyone has a clue about what might be happening i will appreciate any advice

Answers and Replies

I have at least 30 of such processes running at one time

Hi i am having a little bit of a problem for some strange reason my computer is running random numbered .exe programs example: 361921.exe and each one is trying to contact the DNS server. Can any one tell me what this is or how to fix it.

I think it had something to do with the latest windows update that i downloaded yesterday. If anyone has a clue about what might be happening i will appreciate any advice
It might be a virus. Some replicate and try to circumvent identification by constantly changing their name.

Did the virus scanner show anything?

yes Norton says it is a low risk trying to contact DNS server but when i scanned my pc it came up clean. I found all of the programs in the temp files folder. I am going to attempt to delete them

ranger
Gold Member
You can't delete the process exe file while the process is running.

Scan your pc in safe mode with spybot and ad-aware, then your virus program. Do not forget to update them before going to the safe mode.