Random Thoughts Part 4 - Split Thread

In summary, Danger has a small crush on Swedish TV, and thinks that the russians are bad arses. He also mentions that taking a math class at 8:00 isdestructive.
  • #3,921
zoobyshoe said:
I only have 96 choices, but so many of them are so invariably of no interest that choosing is usually a matter of determining the best of 3.
I guess you're one of those that do not enjoy any of the 37 channels with either Korean, Ethiopian, Tibetan, etc. Novelas?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,922
lisab said:
There are several chunks of time today that I can't account for.
Aliens?

• #3,923
WWGD said:
I guess you're one of those that do not enjoy any of the 37 channels with either Korean, Ethiopian, Tibetan, etc. Novelas?
I don't get any of those, but, yes, all channels in Spanish are automatically out of the running.

• #3,924
WWGD said:
My lineup includes around 50 channels in languages I don't speak nor understand.

• #3,925
zoobyshoe said:
I only have 96 choices

I'd rather have 96 choices than 99 problems

Likes OmCheeto
  • #3,926
lisab said:

There Hugo.

• #3,927
WWGD said:
There Hugo.
again

• #3,928
WWGD said:
My lineup includes around 50 channels in languages I don't speak nor understand.
Here's a different choice problem: I want to go get coffee but I also want to watch Dr. Blake. Got a formula for that?

• #3,929
zoobyshoe said:
Here's a different choice problem: I want to go get coffee but I also want to watch Dr. Blake. Got a formula for that?
Instant coffee with a tea baller (I think Russians call it a Samovar) to heat up water close to the TV set? (Assuming Dr Blake is a TV show :) ).

They gave you the answer to this during your call to the TV company: Samovar representatives are trained to help you and will be with you shortly.

• #3,930
lisab said:
again
There Hugh goes again. If your name is Hugh, probability is 99.56%+ that you are British, most likely English. The French prononciation of it I have heard is very close to dry heaving.

• #3,931
I'm not sure about this HDTV. I'm suddenly seeing flaws in the actors faces that used to be too indistinct to notice.

• #3,932
lisab said:
All they had left was 99 red balloons.

Likes Silicon Waffle
  • #3,933
zoobyshoe said:
I'm not sure about this HDTV. I'm suddenly seeing flaws in the actors faces that used to be too indistinct to notice.
Yes, that is what HDTV is for. It shows every single tiny spot on the face.:wink:

• #3,934
WWGD said:
Update, Jackpot up to $900 million.
Update, no winner. Jackpot Wednesday will be more than...
OneBillionDollars_DrEvil.jpg

Actually 1.3 billion. :woot:

• #3,935
I'll wait until it's... one JILLION dollars!

• #3,936
Borg said:
Update, no winner. Jackpot Wednesday will be more than...
OneBillionDollars_DrEvil.jpg

Actually 1.3 billion. :woot:
Yes, I will be collecting a net billion. People get kind of weird afterwards for a while; they will say " I am not playing, jackpot is only $400 million".
Yes, only $400 million, my allowance for a week.

• #3,937
WWGD said:
Yes, I will be collecting a net billion. People get kind of weird afterwards for a while; they will say " I am not playing, jackpot is only $400 million".
Yes, only $400 million, my allowance for a week.
Cash value on 1.3 billion is 'only' 800 million. Then there's the 25% federal tax and possible state taxes. Probably won't even see 550 million after taxes...

• #3,938
Borg said:
Then there's the 25% federal tax and possible state taxes. Probably won't even see 550 million after taxes...

hmmmm... is that 1.3 billion dollar glass 58% empty or 42% full ? :biggrin:

I guess one could mail the ticket to himself c/o Postmaster, Grand Cayman .

• #3,939
lisab said:
Do you have a CO detector?

• #3,940
lisab said:
I prefer to visit Amsterdam in late spring or summer - the flower gardens are fantastic in full blooom

• #3,941
rootone said:
I prefer to visit Amsterdam in late spring or summer - the flower gardens are fantastic in full blooom

Does Westmount Library in Montreal still have that delightful indoor flower garden ? What a treat for the soul in dreary late winter...

• #3,942
rootone said:
Just saw yesterday. They have a boat house for cats!

• #3,943
There's been a British documentation on TV: "Dangerous snakes in Europe".
What comes next: "Joey the killer raccoon"?
I hope no Australian is by chance watching it.

Last edited:
  • #3,944
"Sherlock" is going to be repeated tonight on PBS.

• #3,945
I have often wished to apply defrag to bus and train seats.

Likes Sophia
  • #3,946
WWGD said:
I have often wished to apply defrag to bus and train seats.
My first thought was: You need glue. You need many gluons to do it. But the joke limps for they are broken at the molecule level. Therefore it's an electromagnetic problem. So why can't we defrag bus seats? Seriuosly, why can't we glue the polymer molecules again by applying a smart electromagnetic procedure?

• #3,947
fresh_42 said:
Seriuosly
The proper 5 syllable version as opposed to the sloppy 4 syllable one.

• #3,948
zoobyshoe said:
?
Is that the proper spelling? I'd write seriously. Well we learn new things all the time :-)
zoobyshoe said:

• #3,949
Hey guys, I've decided to try to read Advanced Physics by Steve Adams and Jonathan Allday. It's the book that was used at my high school but I didn't take physics after year 10 which I now regret and will try to learn at least some basic principles from the book. So you may soon expect some very stupid questions from me in appropriate forums. :-) please send me some positive energy that will help me on my adventurous journey :-)

Likes collinsmark
  • #3,950
lisab said:
Hubby: I'm making potatoes au gratin tonight.

Me: Great! I'll get the mandolin. I'll play a little music while you slice potatoes.

We were talking to somebody recently who told us they cut their finger with a mandolin and had to go to the E.R. My first thought was that this person was a very hardcore bluegrass player or something.

• #3,951
WWGD said:
How about adding to this: I always thought of making it into a sort of street theater by putting many of these together:

"Louisa adams was the only presidential wife born a broad (abroad)"

"Maybe Hillary has not finished her operation yet. "

Or
" Did you call your aunt Martha"

" No"

"Why"?

" Her name is not Martha"

etc. I always thought of holding a conversation in public putting together lines of this sort.

My father was into watch making and repair and had been learning the trade from another gentleman. I remember having a very Abbot and Costello like conversation with him once regarding "the watch guy." I don't remember the details. "You're watching which guy?" "No I saw the watch guy." It's not very good but there's something in there.

• #3,952
dkotschessaa said:
"You're watching which guy?" "No I saw the watch guy." It's not very good but there's something in there.
Mr. Leuchtag: Liebchen - sweetness, what watch?
Mrs. Leuchtag: Ten watch.
Mr. Leuchtag: Such watch?
Carl: Hm. You will get along beautiful in America, mm-hmm.

• #3,953
I am not barking and will eat dirt a little bit more. o0) Hopefully after my simulation I will become a real man! :DD

• #3,954
dkotschessaa said:
We were talking to somebody recently who told us they cut their finger with a mandolin and had to go to the E.R. My first thought was that this person was a very hardcore bluegrass player or something.
My little brother bought me a Mandolin at least 11 years ago for my birthday. I likened the strings to razor blades. Fortunately, one of the strings broke soon afterwards, and the new strings were not half as bad.

• #3,955
Still drinking cold drinks in Winter. Not a good idea, specially since I lost my big coat.