Random Thoughts Part 5: Time to Split Again

In summary, the conversation revolved around various topics such as dreams, different numbering systems, and education in different countries. The participants shared personal experiences, opinions, and debated about the merits of different theories. The conversation also included a discussion about a book and a recipe.
  • #2,661
The British say: "Don't mention the war!" (John Cleese)
I think it's time for an American version: "Don't mention the wall!"

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,662
Sophia said:
Sorry about that! Hopefully nothing more serious happened to you or someone you know.
Apparently no damage or injuries anywhere. A small one, just big enough to startle, is all.
collinsmark said:
So that's what that was! I was making a (late night) fish sandwich and I heard a noise and saw the blinds shaking. I thought it was a rodent darting around in the kitchen. I guess it was an earthquake after all.
Here it was unmistakable: the house was hit by a sudden wave that perceptibly tilted it. That was followed by about 5 seconds of lower amplitude sloshing around. Still, it seems most people who were asleep were not woken up, and I probably would have slept through it, myself, had I been sleeping. Although I might have had a dream about napping in a car on a bumpy road.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, Sophia and collinsmark