What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

In summary, the conversation consists of various discussions about documentaries, the acquisition of National Geographic by Fox, a funny manual translation, cutting sandwiches, a question about the proof of the infinitude of primes, and a realization about the similarity between PF and PDG symbols. The conversation also touches on multitasking and the uniqueness of the number two as a prime number.
  • #7,981
WWGD said:
Rita? Is that a reference to Mambo #5? How about Sandra and the others? I am apparently one of the 5 people who liked the song.
It is one of my favorites. And then I met a beautiful young lady who also loved the song. She used to watch the video all the time growing up. I fell in love in about five seconds. LOL! And that was OUR song. So romantic eh?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #7,982
WWGD said:
But I don't get how the pic matches the show.
It matches what I love about the role (Fiona) of Gabrielle Anwar (finding solutions the explosive way).

• #7,983
fresh_42 said:
It matches what I love about the role (Fiona) of Gabrielle Anwar (finding solutions the explosive way).
Always hoped Gabrielle had a son or daughter called Peace. Peace Anwar. Then she would read War and Peace.

• #7,984
Ivan Seeking said:
It is one of my favorites. And then I met a beautiful young lady who also loved the song. She used to watch the video all the time growing up. I fell in love in about five seconds. LOL! And that was OUR song. So romantic eh?

That guy, Lou Bega, dropped out of sight after that song.

• #7,985
WWGD said:
So did I for about 3 years. :)

It looks like he kept trying but didn't have much success.

This is his latest effort - Scatman & Hatman

It's alright.

But Mambo #5 is legendary.

• #7,986
WWGD said:
From Wikipedia:
Born in Munich, married in Vegas, living in Berlin, and professing Christian. ##\searrow##

• #7,987
fresh_42 said:
From Wikipedia:
Born in Munich, married in Vegas, living in Berlin, and professing Christian.
Christian who? Is she as lovely as Rita?

• #7,990
Ivan Seeking said:
Your point?
It is usually a boy's name.

• #7,991
Keith_McClary said:
I've meet atheists called Christian. They're kind of boxed in at birth.

• #7,992
Keith_McClary said:
Christian and Christian may take issue with that

1630879798156.png

1630879749538.png

• #7,993
I spent 30 minutes damning Excel until I realized it only generates random integers. At least Rand and Randbetween.

• #7,994
WWGD said:
I spent 30 minutes damning Excel until I realized it only generates random integers. At least Rand and Randbetween.
It only came up as 666?

• #7,995
WWGD said:
I've meet atheists called Christian.
Don't even get me started on politics.

• #7,996
Ivan Seeking said:
It only came up as 666?
Incredibly so, given numbers were in the range (1,100).

• #7,997
WWGD said:
Incredibly so, given numbers were in the range (1,100).
It is an impossible demand anyway. Real random numbers are almost certain transcendental, and no algorithm in this world can list even a single one.

• #7,998
fresh_42 said:
It is an impossible demand anyway. Real random numbers are almost certain transcendental, and no algorithm in this world can list even a single one.
How about using the 3-pendulum problem somehow?

• #7,999
fresh_42 said:

WWGD said:
How about using the 3-pendulum problem somehow?
By definition it will always calculate the same answers for each iteration.

You can do things like using a photon detector to produce random numbers.

• #8,000
Thanks. Just wanted here to have the 8,000th/nd post.

• #8,001
WWGD said:
Thanks. Just wanted here to have the 8,000th/nd post.
:kiss:

• #8,002
Danke schon

• #8,003
WWGD said:
Danke schon
The first move was within the rules. I deleted my own comment within the time window.

Now I abused my mentor power to restore the original posts. :cool:

Likes WWGD
  • #8,004
Do you have a wave count in the US? I wonder whether it is the same as here. This would indicate a correlation of stupidity.

• #8,005
fresh_42 said:
The first move was within the rules. I deleted my own comment within the time window.

Now I abused my mentor power to restore the original posts. :cool:
I think there is a liberal conspiracy at work.

• #8,006
fresh_42 said:
Do you have a wave count in the US? I wonder whether it is the same as here. This would indicate a correlation of stupidity.

Mainly in red states. Note for example below, US, Florida, California [twice the population of Florida]
1630887734108.png

1630887854819.png

1630887898155.png

• #8,007
I think normal people would say it is wave #4.
However, I think of the second wave as a continuation of the first wave. It just took a while for the first wave of infection to spread to more rural, regions.

• #8,008
BillTre said:
I think normal people would say it is wave #4.
However, I think of the second wave as a continuation of the first wave. It just took a while for the first wave of infection to spread to more rural, regions.
Hmm, same here. I thought it was correlated, although I do not have an explanation. Is it due to the underlying SIR model, or due to the same negligence in dealing with the situation? Probably both.

• #8,009
If your last name is Knapp, don't call your daughter Ivanna.

Likes Hornbein
  • #8,010
WWGD said:
If your last name is Knapp, don't call your daughter Ivanna.
Long ago I worked with a man whose parents had immigrated to the US from China. They came here when Harry Truman was President, to whom they were very grateful. So Mr and Mrs Dong decided to name their first son Harry, in honor of Truman. True story.

• #8,011
And
Ivan Seeking said:
Long ago I worked with a man whose parents had immigrated to the US from China. They came here when Harry Truman was President, to whom they were very grateful. So Mr and Mrs Dong decided to name their first son Harry, in honor of Truman. True story.
And they ultimately got married. And Ivana Dong is a happy woman.

• Haha
Likes BillTre and Ivan Seeking
  • #8,012
Thought it w
fresh_42 said:
Hmm, same here. I thought it was correlated, although I do not have an explanation. Is it due to the underlying SIR model, or due to the same negligence in dealing with the situation? Probably both.
Yes, SIR!

• #8,013
  • #8,014
WWGD said:
Don't believe that, those color lines in maps don't exist in reality. Believe me, I 've searched.
You have to look from space. It's like the Nazca lines.

• #8,015
Ivan Seeking said:
You have to look from space. It's like the Nazca lines.
No, careful, cars at that speed will kill you. But strange pronounciation. Reminds me of the guy who had a lisp only in writing. And now they drive on a track, not in the Peruvian(?) desert.