Random Thoughts part three

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
Let x=0.9999999.......

10x-x=9

x=1

the only way it can be true if it's some kind of notation thing where 0.9(9) is another way of expressing 1 or something. If you do 1 - 0.9(9) then it's 0.0000000000000000000000000000000...since there is no last nine in the subtractor, then there is no 0.00.....000001 in the sum.

Borek
Mentor
the only way it can be true if it's some kind of notation thing where 0.9(9) is another way of expressing 1 or something.
That's exactly what it is.

Any subsequent post on the subject in this thread will end with an infraction.

It has been discussed to death on the forum in the past. Sadly, it attracts crackpots that don't understand math at atll.

Why is Indian food so expensive?

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Why is Indian food so expensive?
I think the cost per DU* is very reasonable.

*DU = delicious unit

drizzle
Gold Member
Lol lisab! I totally agree.

This better be the best curry ever made by man.

drizzle
Gold Member
Gad iz :grumpy:

Evo
Mentor
This better be the best curry ever made by man.
I was just looking at an old cookbook from the 1970's, curry was "fashionable" and a recipe for chicken curry was just chicken mixed with creamed onions and "add 1/2 teaspoon" of curry powder. That's it, nothing else, not even a hint at what was in the "curry powder". Did I mentioned the chicken was from a jar? I've never seen a jar of chicken, I've seen canned.

I never made that recipe.

That's exactly what it is.

Any subsequent post on the subject in this thread will end with an infraction.

It has been discussed to death on the forum in the past. Sadly, it attracts crackpots that don't understand math at atll.
why is noone dead yet, then? :eek:

I tried a new cheap curry recipe recently that was made from bananas and used English tea instead of stock. The mix of spices was ok but on a whole it was vile.

I don't watch much tv but I'm feeling rather sad that I've finished all my (current) favorite series. Guess I'll have to clean the house whilst i procrastinate.

I tried a new cheap curry recipe recently that was made from bananas and used English tea instead of stock. The mix of spices was ok but on a whole it was vile.

I don't watch much tv but I'm feeling rather sad that I've finished all my (current) favorite series. Guess I'll have to clean the house whilst i procrastinate.
I'm sorry what, bananas and curry in the same sentence? :O Straaaaange

I have to eat chicken curry almost every day, and I'm fed up with it. :(

Anyone wanna trade places??

Evo
Mentor
I have to eat chicken curry almost every day, and I'm fed up with it. :(

Anyone wanna trade places??
I have never had an authentic curry, they look and sound delicious, someday, I will try to get to an Indian restaurant, the last time I attempted to go to one nearby, it had closed and the space had become a nail salon. :frown:

I have never had an authentic curry, they look and sound delicious, someday, I will try to get to an Indian restaurant, the last time I attempted to go to one nearby, it had closed and the space had become a nail salon. :frown:
LOL :rofl:

Since you've never had an authentic curry before, I have one advice for you: make sure that it's not too spicy! :tongue2:

Evo
Mentor
LOL :rofl:

Since you've never had an authentic curry before, I have one advice for you: make sure that it's not too spicy! :tongue2:
I've heard that they can get quite hot, I can't tolerate too much heat.

I've heard that they can get quite hot, I can't tolerate too much heat.
Just tell'em that when you order the food.

AlephZero
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Just tell'em that when you order the food.
Only if you know what the staff mean by "hot" :smile:

There are plenty of Indian dishes that aren't "hot" at all. But the chef might be from a region where "mild" means "90% ghost peppers and 10% meat", compared with "hot" meaning "99% ghost peppers and 1% meat".

Only if you know what the staff mean by "hot" :smile:

There are plenty of Indian dishes that aren't "hot" at all. But the chef might be from a region where "mild" means "90% ghost peppers and 10% meat", compared with "hot" meaning "99% ghost peppers and 1% meat".
Ah.. I have to admit that I wouldn't know what to do in that case. However, I can handle hot spicy stuffs (even though I not a fan of it).

Only humans would deliberately make eating painful.

Evo
Mentor