Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
Vahsek said:
I think they did. Judging by his posts, I had already guessed he was quite annoying. But that he would get banned - never saw that coming. :eek:
He had been a member before, if you get my drift.

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
He had been a member before, if you get my drift.

I've never been good at guessing, but I'd guess that means he created a second account - which is not allowed on PF... (sounds like I guessed it wrong again)

Vahsek said:
I've never been good at guessing, but I'd guess that means he created a second account - which is not allowed on PF... (sounds like I guessed it wrong again)
That's correct, once banned, you can't just keep coming back with a new name, although many try.

He was too busy upping his postcount as it seems to me, popping up in too many subforums with subpar replies, at least from what I'm used here.

Evo said:
That's correct,

Yesss! :devil: Looks like my brain is working, so I'm going to go study now! :rofl:

@ Cosmobrain : There there.

Evo said:
Helixe, you're brave.

Depends on how you look at it lolol...I was afraid to go under general anesthesia.

aatZpmi.jpg

lisab said:
aatZpmi.jpg

I don't get it; what's the dragon supposed to mean?

Vahsek said:
I don't get it; what's the dragon supposed to mean?

Lots of effort, lots of fun!

lisab said:

But how can you make such a statement about dragons? They aren't real.

awww...they need to up the baby on the fun scale...they are certainly more fun that turtles and dogs...and tropical fish lolollll

I didn't know the dragon would be that big!

Vahsek said:
I didn't know the dragon would be that big!

Wow, indeed. Please resize him!

lisab said:
Wow, indeed. Please resize him!

I tried, but it's not working. I'll just delete it; it was cool though :cry:

lisab said:
I want a dragon! Like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39ypvYcDQ7Q

DennisN said:
I want a dragon!

I just deleted mine :cry:

I like wearing gum boots in any random weather:confused:
I even like the word gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum gum :biggrin:

HeLiXe said:
they need to up the baby on the fun scale...they are certainly more fun that turtles and dogs

Wait with opinions till you raise one.

Actually this is one of the funniest observations on the plot.

I shouldn't have had that coffee. T__T

PS: LOL lisab!

In my eternal quest of "nothing", I ask complete strangers, who have either accents, or names that appear to have originated from other planets, what language they speak.

Yesterday, I ran into someone who had both, so I asked him; "What kind of name is that?"

He responded; "Israeli".

At first, I thought that was an odd answer. But after thinking about it for a bit, I decided it was not an odd answer.

ps. I learned a while back, not to say; "That's a funny name", as someone* once responded, "What's your name?" So I told them, and they responded; "You have a funny name too". :biggrin:

This is one thing I will miss, when I retire. There are very few nationalities missing from where I work.

Though, on my quest for Fava beans the other day, it just so happened that my checker was an Ethiopian woman, who said there are 68 languages spoken in her country. When I mentioned this to the Ethiopian woman I work with, and told her which store I was shopping at, she said she knew her.

pps. On a happy/sad side note, my acquaintance from Hyderabad, whom with I've had very interesting conversations over the last 8 years, says he is moving back to India, within days of my retirement.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to move to an alien country. They smell different. The people think differently. Everyone talks with funny accents.

ppps. I suppose this is why my silly hobby is so gratifying, as it never fails to bring a smile, to the person you ask; "How do you say "I know nothing"", in their language.

williamarthurward190443.jpg

:smile:

* She's Finnish

Shirimasen.

Enigman said:
Shirimasen.

She doe nye.

ps. Enigman, always spell it phonetically, as googling fakers, like myself, will, um, google the word.

I remember that phrase/word from the book "Shogun". I remember it as "Wakiri mas"?

I'm not sure why I love languages. Though it may be my mothers curses, that none of us* could understand: "Du kliene faule misgebort!"

Moms have great senses of humor. :tongue:

*Me and my six siblings

Wakari-mas is I understand, wakarimasen is a safer version of 'I don't know' as apparently shirimasen can be rude in some circumstances.

Last edited:
Enigman said:
Wakari-mas is I understand, wakarimasen is a safer version of 'I don't know' as apparently shirimasen can be rude in some circumstances.

I've been very rude the last couple of days, but I like sushi.

I just started going back to my sushi bar, after a 5 year absence. They were always so busy back then, that I had to wait in line. Now, I walk in, and have the entire train to myself.

hmmm... I can say, I am a pig, in 3 languages.

Ya zam svinya. (probably most every slavic language)
Ich bin schwein. (kraut!)
I'm a pig. ('mare-can)

Ha! Today I've been battling with old friends, regarding trivial things. Then, for absolutely no good reason, "Spootneek adeen" popped into my head. :redface:

Sputnik 1 (Russian: "Спу́тник-1" Russian pronunciation: [ˈsputnʲɪk], "Satellite-1", ПС-1 (PS-1, i.e. "Простейший Спутник-1", or Elementary Satellite-1)) was the first artificial Earth satellite. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere, with four external radio antennas to broadcast radio pulses. The Soviet Union launched it into an elliptical low Earth orbit on 4 October 1957. It was visible all around the Earth and its radio pulses were detectable. The surprise success precipitated the American Sputnik crisis and triggered the Space Race, a part of the larger Cold War. The launch ushered in new political, military, technological, and scientific developments.

--------------------
zato you imam malo mozga = because I have a little brain

OK >_> so this is strange but on occasion "sputnik" pops into my head too

Found money in an old pair of pants, today was a good day.

Enigman said:
Wakarimasu

Shirimasen means in some cases like "ah, who cares..." You can't use shirimasen for something in your power to control. For example: "When are you leaving?" You can't say shirimasen, well you can, but people will give you the look.

Last edited:
The trailing 'u' is generally silent (after 'mas' and 'des'), it's a relic of romanization of the 'su' character in hirangana. (There's no 's' in hirangana)
-------------------------------

Yay! 100th post mine.
(Evo's start post doesn't count :devil:)

HIRAGANA! not hirangana :D It is written -masu, -desu in romaji, hiragana and katakana. There are syllables based on the vowels a i u e o. One of those syllables with an s is Su. Sa Shi Su Se So

You are correct of course, that the u is silent in pronunciation, but not missing in writing.

For example, the word Wakarimashita - means "I got it" "Understood" in a polite manner. You pronounce it with the silent i in the Shi syllable.

Last edited:
Om in #94:
ps. Enigman, always spell it phonetically, as googling fakers, like myself, will, um, google the word.

:biggrin:
you pass

Last edited:
Nani? Nihongo wo kenkyuu shinai desuka?

lendav_rott said:
Nani? Nihongo wo kenkyuu shinai desuka?

You do know, this is an intractable offense.

dooma spell check... :tongue: