Is it time for Random Thoughts - Part 4?

In summary: No, I'm not going to finish that.Some guy tried to sell me eh.. recreational tools today while I was getting groceries.I guess setting up a trashy website was too costly for him, so he just sold them in the frozen foods section at walmart.
lendav_rott said:
9. I have no problem or concern in lying in order to get what I want.

-who the hell lives like that? More importantly, how the hell do they live with themselves?

Where does it say you have to answer all the questions honestly? The point is that
micromass said:
You answered this quiz consistent with people who score high on measures of psychopathy and psychopathic behavior.:

In fact anybody who answered all the questions on this type of test "truthfully" would probably be pretty abnormal. Professional versions of these tests check for that sort of abnormal behavior, by asking the same thing in different ways and seeing how consistent your answers are.

Physics news on Phys.org
I came in second in the sociopath quiz: 9 points!

But I had just skinned, boned, and chopped up a Roger into little pieces.

It may have been an adrenaline type thing. :redface:

Still haven't found the stupid fava beans, nor had anyone in the supermarket tonight heard of "Masala sauce". :mad:

But liver's on sale tomorrow... :devil:

Hmm...I was bored and I did the quiz again, this time I filled it according to what I think Doyle's Holmes and a few others would fill:
Holmes - Doyle
Score 15

Sherlock - BBC
Score 17

Holmes - Elementary
Score 6

Dr. House - House M.D.
score 21

Voldemort
score 22

18 & up Strong Psychopathic tendencies
13 - 17 Moderate to minor Psychopathic tendencies
0 - 12 No psychopathic tendencies

Last edited:
http://images2.persianblog.ir/506348_KnIHnX6t.jpg

:frown:

Enigman said:
Time to burn.

Burnt out.

%@#%!#!@^! :grumpy:

drizzle said:

I agree. %@#%!#!@^!

drizzle said:

dlgoff said:
I agree. %@#%!#!@^!

And it's only Tuesday.

lisab said:
And it's only Tuesday.

Wait until you have to see what I have to say about Wednesday... :cry:

Well, hello!

welcomeback10.gif

You didn't miss much (well, except a psych-quiz saying I'm a psychopath :smile:)

Enigman said:
welcomeback10.gif

You didn't miss much (well, except a psych-quiz saying I'm a psychopath :smile:)

Psychopaths get a really bad rap these days.
They're not all cannibalistic serial killers.

HomogenousCow said:
Psychopaths get a really bad rap these days.
They're not all cannibalistic serial killers.

Right - some are vegetarians.

lisab said:
Right - some are vegetarians.

I'm planning to be a vegetarian:uhh:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawrrrrrrrr¤#"¤"¤"%"%"#¤%%¤&%/%(!
http://englishwithjohn.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/tiger-growl.jpg
shake in your boots, you vegetarians and vegans

My subdivision is right across the street from a metro station. We have limited visitor parking and every year some resident gets the brilliant idea that they can give their visitor pass to a friend so that they can park in the subdivision and avoid paying for parking while they take the metro to work. I really get tired of reporting people to the HOA manager but, if I let it go, others will get the same idea. A few years ago, it was so bad that all of the 'visitor' parking was taken by 9am. Time to thin the herd again.

Enigman said:
welcomeback10.gif

Well, I wasn't really gone gone, just kind of quiet (and busy). My contributions included a joke about Walter Rudin on the science jokes thread. :)

-Dave K

Glad to see you again Dave!

Yesterday we had baby blackbirds and baby robins (both European, of course) in our sunny back garden being fed by frantic parents, who were trying to keep them hidden. Today things were quieter and I later found two baby blackbirds drowned in rainwater which had filled up an old wheelbarrow behind our shed during the recent wet months.
:cry:

I had thought of emptying out the water but never got round to it. It never occurred to me that young birds could drown in it.

Update: Followed baby bird sounds and found another young blackbird still OK, being fed.

Last edited:
I went to the library to get a book of Keats' poetry, found it, reached out to take it, got distracted, saw another book and then another and another, repeated and rinsed till I somehow reached the brain teaser section and found myself holding a book (finally) called "Another fine math you have got me into". ...And I'm hooked.
[rhetoric]Who knew towers of hanoi and Sierpinski triangles were related? [/rhetoric]

Sitting with someone who claims to be the grand nephew of the people who occupied the Oppenheimer House for about 50 years. I did not know there was an Oppenheimer House.

I think he's legit. He knows their names.

as he watches me type this :tongue:

Got the news I passed my qualifying exam today - such a big relief! Now the only real obstacle between me and a PhD is a few years and a lot of hard work. :cool:

OmCheeto said:
Sitting with someone who claims to be the grand nephew of the people who occupied the Oppenheimer House for about 50 years. I did not know there was an Oppenheimer House.

I think he's legit. He knows their names.

as he watches me type this :tongue:

That was the landmark I was thinking of. It's your turn.?:confused: what day is it anyway? I usually get confused on Fridays. Today isn't Friday is it?? Oppenheimer was a friend of mine and believe me senator you are no Oppenheimer.

Oh I know what is wrong I spent the afternoon with my two grandsons.

I finally got a new phone yesterday. I didn't realize how awful my old one was until I set this up.

Got my nokia 3310, nothing is superior to it.

I miss my 3310. A friend was showing me the price of old phones on eBay the other day and I was shocked. Some are now collectors items and sell for £100+.

I hate subjectives.
moronic oxymoron intended

Enigman said:
I hate subjectives.
In which respect?

Today, I attempted to make chicken soup.

The result though, was chicken flavored mashed potatoes.

I was going to post this in the food thread, but decided it was too random.

Ripley said:
In which respect?

In dis-respect.

You aren't objective if you hate subjectives *smartass alert* :D

lendav_rott said:
You aren't objective if you hate subjectives *smartass alert* :D
And hence the (white) small print:
Enigman said:
I hate subjectives.

BlnV265CYAANQji.jpg

Need I say more?