1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rankine Cycle Analysis Help

Tags:
  1. Feb 15, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The last part of my question reads:

Give the equations you would use to determine reactor thermal output if the plant is to produce 1000 MWe. All expressions for work and heat transfer rate should be expressed in terms of the appropriate mass flow rate ratios.

2. Relevant equations
    Efficiency = Wnet/Qh

3. The attempt at a solution
    I have been given turbine efficiency and pump efficiency. Also, assume I have found the enthalpy at each state point and was subsequently able to determine the net work and heat addition to the system. I feel like I need to determine the mass flow rate by dividing 1000 MWe by Wnet and then plug that value in to the equation for Qh to get thermal output.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Feb 20, 2015 #3

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

In general, posting only a part of a question is not a good way to attract users interested in providing help. The OP is in possession of all the facts, yet, for whatever reason, he has only provided a few bits of information with which to work. No one wants to play Twenty (or Forty) Questions; there's other things to do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted