Rapid Healing

  • #1
quantumcarl
770
0
This thread could also be titled Miracle Healing.

If you have a story about a person who heals quickly or has healed faster than conventional medicine predicted... this is the place for your story.

There are also a number of claims concerning methods of healing... using the mind and certain techniques like yoga or kundilini things like that which I rarely even think about...

I do have one example which worked for me:

http://www.hayhouse.com/defaulte.htm

Louise uses the power of thought and silent affirmations according to the area of the body that is out of whack... including the subconscious.

Anyway... I'll shutup now!
 

Answers and Replies

  • #2
FZ+
1,599
3
Also post if it took LONGER than conventional medicine predicted to recover... I know I have.

Also, doctors tend to be pessimistic in such predictions. Because people getting worse than they said usually gets them fired.
 
  • #3
quantumcarl
770
0
power of suggestion

Originally posted by FZ+
Also post if it took LONGER than conventional medicine predicted to recover... I know I have.

Also, doctors tend to be pessimistic in such predictions. Because people getting worse than they said usually gets them fired.

Ha!

FZ+... you may be a survivor of your physician's suggestive powers... his/her pessimism may have put off your recovery... although... I had no idea a medic would see you about a hang over!

It has been recorded again and again in certain treatment centres that when a specialist... in a white coat... with a pen guard and taped glasses suggests their patient will die in 6 days... they do.

However, increasingly, people are revolted and revolting against these hypothetical and over assumptious prognosises and looking for second and third opinions that hold, not only the facts but, some avenue of escape from the worst case scenario.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
  • #4
iron~orchid
79
0
It seems a physical hurt is always capable of healing faster than a mental emotional hurt held within our mind.

Power over the mind is the key in both scenarios it would seem.
 
  • #5
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by iron~orchid
It seems a physical hurt is always capable of healing faster than a mental emotional hurt held within our mind.

Power over the mind is the key in both scenarios it would seem.

I agree, Iron Orchid... in fact it is my considered opinion that all pain and suffering are a result of psychosomatic conditioning.

If one thinks about it one realizes that it is the thought that puts us where we are in any given situation... therefore... any given situation is psychosomatically induced. In other words... the body goes where the thoughts go... so, if my thoughts are saying... "lets hike the antartic"... and my body follows those thoughts and does hike the antartic... and the result is a painful bout of frostbite... you can say that this condition of frost bite is a direct result of psychosomatic conditions.

Thank you.
 
  • #6
iron~orchid
79
0
At some point in time something may happen that will turn genes on in our bodies that will cause us to physically transform. This is accurate perception of what could happen at the time of transition or morph as some talk about to another density.

The limitations to what our physical bodies can transform to if instructed by the DNA -- i.e. to heal, literally grow taller, rejuvenate, change our physical appearance, capabilities, or whatever -- depends on our receivership capability.

Q: What is receivership capability?

It is a change to a broader receivership -- meaning that we can receive more of something based on how good our receiver is.

Q: What is our receiver? Is it the physical body?

It is the Mind through central nervous system connection to higher levels.

This brings us to the fact -- being the whole issue of gaining knowledge and developing control over our body through our mind -- that if our mind and CNS are tuned to higher levels of consciousness, this will have significance in terms of receivership capability and release of limitations.
 
  • #7
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by iron~orchid
At some point in time something may happen that will turn genes on in our bodies that will cause us to physically transform. This is accurate perception of what could happen at the time of transition or morph as some talk about to another density.

The limitations to what our physical bodies can transform to if instructed by the DNA -- i.e. to heal, literally grow taller, rejuvenate, change our physical appearance, capabilities, or whatever -- depends on our receivership capability.

Q: What is receivership capability?

It is a change to a broader receivership -- meaning that we can receive more of something based on how good our receiver is.

Q: What is our receiver? Is it the physical body?

It is the Mind through central nervous system connection to higher levels.



This brings us to the fact -- being the whole issue of gaining knowledge and developing control over our body through our mind -- that if our mind and CNS are tuned to higher levels of consciousness, this will have significance in terms of receivership capability and release of limitations.

Yes. I agree again.

Its not that I necessarily agree about the "higher Powers"... but perhaps the strength that comes with awareness.

Take and example, per chance... like this...

Biofeedback.

Biofeedback is much more efficent in its healing capacity when the person using biofeedback has a succinct knowledge of the different parts of their body... every detail a person has about their various organs helps to focus the healing agent that is being directd by that Biofeedback.....such as white blood cells, etc...

The clearer a picture a person has of their body on this mortal coil... the better job is done of correcting what ails them.

Biofeedback is an interestin sub-topic of this thread...
 
  • #8
TENYEARS
472
0
Carp, dear lord a fish hanging around the borders of the bowl again get back inside.
 
  • #9
iron~orchid
79
0
I was not trying to bring in "higher Powers"... from some outside artificial intelligence community.

Some of the problems are that we do not really understand the physics of conductivity and superconductivity of our own body circuits.

I realize that macroscopic quantum effects are more common for thought. It is evident to everyone who likes to hang at Circuit City that technology is progressing pretty fast in these areas; but the same cannot be said about our body understanding !

Too much research in "safe" areas - is producing nothing but "papers."

Me thinks people are afraid of the discipline involved in control of the Mind which would, thus, increase their "powers" where a health situation could be modified in a beneficial way.

But, alas, this requires work; conscientious and sustained effort. Introspection carried out relentlessly results in enhanced internal sensibility. This improved sensibility in its turn intensifies the amplitude and frequency of movement within the neverous sytstem.

A Mind Practitioner has also theorized that you can stop your body's age by concentrating on keeping it at that particular point where you felt at the height of health and fitness and beauty. See yourself as this and focus energy to that vision of yourself and be it. 41 is a good age to stay...

I hope to study and hear more of your biofeedback techniques in regards to this subject. These outside "powers" may help a person with a bit of the required conscientious work, per say ?!
 
  • #10
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by iron~orchid
I was not trying to bring in "higher Powers"... from some outside artificial intelligence community.

Some of the problems are that we do not really understand the physics of conductivity and superconductivity of our own body circuits.

I realize that macroscopic quantum effects are more common for thought. It is evident to everyone who likes to hang at Circuit City that technology is progressing pretty fast in these areas; but the same cannot be said about our body understanding !

Too much research in "safe" areas - is producing nothing but "papers."

Me thinks people are afraid of the discipline involved in control of the Mind which would, thus, increase their "powers" where a health situation could be modified in a beneficial way.

But, alas, this requires work; conscientious and sustained effort. Introspection carried out relentlessly results in enhanced internal sensibility. This improved sensibility in its turn intensifies the amplitude and frequency of movement within the neverous sytstem.

A Mind Practitioner has also theorized that you can stop your body's age by concentrating on keeping it at that particular point where you felt at the height of health and fitness and beauty. See yourself as this and focus energy to that vision of yourself and be it. 41 is a good age to stay...

I hope to study and hear more of your biofeedback techniques in regards to this subject. These outside "powers" may help a person with a bit of the required conscientious work, per say ?!

OK, we can study biofeedback some more. I'll post some links and give some of my understanding about it. There are some relaxation techniques that I should expose here as well. These were used over a 10 year period in a cancer treatment centre and the survival rate during that time climbed to a point that stood above the National statistics of Canada. The concentration of the medical and support staff was not only on Relaxation but also on conventional treatment... so, the results were from a mixed bag of directions.
The Relaxation methods were combined in the Radiation units with music and imagery as well as in the Chemotherapy units... so the success of this synthesis require some untangling to find the most usefull and the source of the most healing.

A person I met who works in a spa shivered me timbers with her vitality and health. Radiant energy around the pool table. It seems to me that the advantage is in understanding the workings of the body long before any dis-comforts evolve... this way the unbalance can be nipped in the bud. I'm not sure of her age and it would be a hard thing to guess... she had such a control over her fluctuations and generation of wavicles that I do believe she had grappled the essence of quantum existence, early on in life.edit:(in this case, a quantum existence being that ability to exist in all states simultaniously. Again, in this case, using lower states of health like smoking, cavorting and drinking beer as well as higher states and an understanding of good health to achieve some of the other, more elusive, states available in this universe!)
 
Last edited:
  • #11
iron~orchid
79
0
Having just come from a two day seminar with 500 physicians in attendance, it is obvious to me that the majority of people drawn unto themselves bad health and, perhaps, a more direct path to their own demise rather than rapid healing. They allow their pain body to control their thoughts and create their reality. Maybe they just need the attention. Maybe it is easier than the discipline it takes to live a fulfilling life of health. I do not know.

It is nice that you allow yourself some freedoms to be out amongst people who intrigue and give you cause for enthusiasm and do not shut everyone out of your space. Your energy is well served by this expansion. thank you and peaceful power to you.

iron ore kid
 
  • #12
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by iron~orchid
Having just come from a two day seminar with 500 physicians in attendance, it is obvious to me that the majority of people drawn unto themselves bad health and, perhaps, a more direct path to their own demise rather than rapid healing. They allow their pain body to control their thoughts and create their reality. Maybe they just need the attention. Maybe it is easier than the discipline it takes to live a fulfilling life of health. I do not know.

It is nice that you allow yourself some freedoms to be out amongst people who intrigue and give you cause for enthusiasm and do not shut everyone out of your space. Your energy is well served by this expansion. thank you and peaceful power to you.

iron ore kid

Hi Iron Orchid

A direct path to their demise?

It could be that this is their mistaken perscription for some sort of post traumatic disorder. The body is ferousious in its thrashing about in an attempt to cure what ails it.

The mind is similar, yet with unfocused train of thought, the mind cannot make change as readily as its counterpart, the body.

So, with the mind working on a subconscious level, flailing and thrashing at its unpronounced terrors and its undiscovered causes for grief... the body follows these unfocused directions of the subconscious and slowly, or rapidly, rids the mind of this trapping... the body.

Sort of like... putting one's self out of one's misery.

Another example of this sort of behaviour in the body is the ATTACK OF THE WHITE BLOODCELLS on the nervous system.

Enduring Multiple Sclerosis means enduring one's own immune system continuously attacking one's own nervous system.

I asked... why does the immune system want to rid its host (the body) of the body's nervous system? What is the nervous system doing to generate this autonomic response in the immune system?

My hypothesis is that, over time, a person can have, say, 500,000,000,000 negative thoughts (that are catapulted down the central nervous system in an alarming way)... or more. If this is the case... and you were a white blood cell programmed to protect your host (the body)that is creating all this disturbance... what would you do? For me, I would attack thos bloody nerves. That's what I'd do.

And that's what happens. The immune system attacks the nerve bundles of the body... in the case of MS. They attack and the protective mylinated protein sheath is stripped away... and the nerve is slowly degenerated... basically shutting it up!

Sounds brutal. But, it is almost as if the body wished all of this to happen... right from the first negative thought generated... why? don't know.

But, I have a feeling this applies to most sicknesses. These sicknesses are a kind of quick cure for certain subconscious ailments... hidden, motivating memories that drive the corporeal body toward a quick fix... that may, or quite often may not, be just what the subconscious doctor ordered!

Thank you for your well wishes. You have all of mine, as well, eh?!
 
Last edited:
  • #13
iron~orchid
79
0
Natural Remedies for the body/mind natural distraughtness -- What about a natural health factory like the Earth was originally meant to be?

There should be a large number of factories in America so that these healthful articles could be obtained in every grocery store.

THE COUNTRY DOCTOR: The following is an extract from "The Sawdust Trail"...

During the first three years of my life, I was sickly and could scarcely walk. Mother used to carry me on a pillow which she made for that purpose. There sere no resident physicians in those pioneer days, and itinerant doctors would drive up to our cabin and ask, "Anybody sick Here ?"

One day, Doctor Avery, A Frenchman, called at our cabin and mother told him, "I have a little boy three years old who has been sick ever since he was born."

The old doctor said, "Let me see him." He gave me the once over while I yelled and screamed like a Comanche Indian. Then he said to Mother, " I can cure that boy."

She asked him how much he would charge, and he replied, "Oh, if you will feed me and my old mare, that will pay the bill."

Mother said, "All right, but you will have to sleep up in the garret. We have no stairs and you'll have to climb the ladder."

He replied, "That suits me." He then went into the woods and picked leaves from various shrubs, including mulberry leaves and elderberries, dug up roots, and from them made a syrup and gave it to me. In a short time I was going like the wind and have been hitting on all eight ever since. From that day to this, elderberries and mulberries have been my favorite wild fruits, and I like sassafras tea.

I do not believe that there is a disease to which human flesh is heir but that somewhere there is growing a weed or an herb or plant that will cure it. Somewhere there is a remedy for the dread plagues of the human race, consumption and cancer. God has made the cure and is waiting for man to discover it.

The greatest doctor this world ever knew is an old Christian mother, and my mother was the greatest of all. I regret that I did not write down the names of all the herbs and roots she knew, and the diseases they would cure. When she put on the "specks" to look at the sore and spread salve on it, that made it almost well.

You may name this suggestive therapeutics or the power of mind over matter. All these designations are as useless as the name of the horse that Paul Revere rode. The fact remains.
 
  • #14
TENYEARS
472
0
iron~orchid, don't know you very well but I know you very well. The only trophy modern man has over is ancestors is his absolute ignorance and arogance. The arogance makes him less than he is because the mind is closed to reality instead of being objective and open to it.

The used intelligence of most modern day thinkers goes about this far. Experts say most accidents happen within 7 miles of your home. That is why everyone is constantly moving including the experts. If one understands the nature of what caused the joke. The whole world changes from top to bottom because there will be no top and there will be no bottom.
 
  • #15
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by iron~orchid
Natural Remedies for the body/mind natural distraughtness -- What about a natural health factory like the Earth was originally meant to be?

There should be a large number of factories in America so that these healthful articles could be obtained in every grocery store.

THE COUNTRY DOCTOR: The following is an extract from "The Sawdust Trail"...

During the first three years of my life, I was sickly and could scarcely walk. Mother used to carry me on a pillow which she made for that purpose. There sere no resident physicians in those pioneer days, and itinerant doctors would drive up to our cabin and ask, "Anybody sick Here ?"

One day, Doctor Avery, A Frenchman, called at our cabin and mother told him, "I have a little boy three years old who has been sick ever since he was born."

The old doctor said, "Let me see him." He gave me the once over while I yelled and screamed like a Comanche Indian. Then he said to Mother, " I can cure that boy."

She asked him how much he would charge, and he replied, "Oh, if you will feed me and my old mare, that will pay the bill."

Mother said, "All right, but you will have to sleep up in the garret. We have no stairs and you'll have to climb the ladder."

He replied, "That suits me." He then went into the woods and picked leaves from various shrubs, including mulberry leaves and elderberries, dug up roots, and from them made a syrup and gave it to me. In a short time I was going like the wind and have been hitting on all eight ever since. From that day to this, elderberries and mulberries have been my favorite wild fruits, and I like sassafras tea.

I do not believe that there is a disease to which human flesh is heir but that somewhere there is growing a weed or an herb or plant that will cure it. Somewhere there is a remedy for the dread plagues of the human race, consumption and cancer. God has made the cure and is waiting for man to discover it.

The greatest doctor this world ever knew is an old Christian mother, and my mother was the greatest of all. I regret that I did not write down the names of all the herbs and roots she knew, and the diseases they would cure. When she put on the "specks" to look at the sore and spread salve on it, that made it almost well.

You may name this suggestive therapeutics or the power of mind over matter. All these designations are as useless as the name of the horse that Paul Revere rode. The fact remains.

Good morning Fe Orchidus!

Of course the remedies for what I proport to be psychosomatic ailments are abundant and prolific throughout the sphere of the earth. For every ill thought there is a counterweight.

However. My main thrust in this thread is that there is often times no need for medicines, if and when the mind of the stricken has excercised its power to control its counterpart, the body... like the old guy from Tacoma said to his wife: "mind over matter, Scarlet".

Further to that, mind you, once the subconscious has done its worst and brought the body into harm's way, and the body is cut or bruised or the cells mutated and so on and so on... here is when the Shark Cartilage or the Bladder Wort and the Willow Bark of the Christian Mother or the Hindu Shaman or the Firstnation Medicine Man come in handy. And, as you say, the more the patient believes in any remedy... including Radiation Therapy... the quicker, quite possibly, they will recover...perhaps.

Then again, one doubt lurking in the back of the mind can hinder progress in any given direction.
 
  • #16
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by TENYEARS
iron~orchid, don't know you very well but I know you very well. The only trophy modern man has over is ancestors is his absolute ignorance and arogance. The arogance makes him less than he is because the mind is closed to reality instead of being objective and open to it.

The used intelligence of most modern day thinkers goes about this far. Experts say most accidents happen within 7 miles of your home. That is why everyone is constantly moving including the experts. If one understands the nature of what caused the joke. The whole world changes from top to bottom because there will be no top and there will be no bottom.

This thread examines the phenomenon of rapid healing or miracle healing. If you have some data or experience about the subject to contribute, please do.

Otherwise, please keep what appears to be your annoyoing musings about dickity squat out of this thread. First and last warning.
 
  • #17
iron~orchid
79
0
Regardless of the sophistication of the specialists, treatments, pharmacodynamics or words,

..."The fact remains."

..."When she put on the "specks" to look at the sore and spread salve on it, that made it almost well."

What is that "fact" or factor which induced the patient in the scenario above to sway toward healing ?

Hint: It was not the salve.
 
  • #18
TENYEARS
472
0
Otherwise, please keep what appears to be your annoyoing musings about dickity squat out of this thread. First and last warning.

The only annoying thing on this forum Carl is your stupidity and arrogance. You have no clue and it's obvious to anyone that knows but only one thing truly. The point that applies to this thread you don't obviously understand. That would be your problem, it was meant for iron~orchid. I may appreciate all life, but I still swat the occasional mosquito.
 
  • #19
iron~orchid
79
0
FINE. I am out of here since my posts are so annoying.

peaceful swat team to you
 
  • #20
quantumcarl
770
0
Iron Orchid, your posts are not annoying to me.

10 years. I warned you.
 
  • #21
quantumcarl
770
0
Iron Orchid, your posts are not annoying to me.

10 years. I warned you.
 
  • #22
FZ+
1,599
3
Time out folks. Keep it reasonably clean.
Or big bad FZ+ will get you...
 
  • #23
TENYEARS
472
0
Iron O, your post was good. Why do you waste your time on a forum with fools I do not know. The swat was for Carl. The fish here swim in bowl that have no walls. They place the walls there in there own minds and expect other poeple who have none to ackhnowlege the limitations they place upon themselves. Carl, son you shouldn't make threats you can't back little guy, can I get you a step stool to reach the keyboard.
 
  • #24
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by TENYEARS
The only annoying thing on this forum Carl is your stupidity and arrogance. You have no clue and it's obvious to anyone that knows but only one thing truly. The point that applies to this thread you don't obviously understand. That would be your problem, it was meant for iron~orchid. I may appreciate all life, but I still swat the occasional mosquito.

Just saving these inferences for prosperity.
 
  • #25
TENYEARS
472
0
Carl, would that be the photoelectric affect in the little box or is it the recoil of human action upon itself in a nonrelative environment?
 
  • #26
russ_watters
Mentor
21,955
8,992
Originally posted by quantumcarl
This thread examines the phenomenon of rapid healing or miracle healing. If you have some data or experience about the subject to contribute, please do.
This is a simple issue. The "phenomenon" is nothing more than a biproduct of statistical probabiliy. Given a large enough sample, you will ALWAYS get a few results from ANY experiment that are way off in left field. Such as the occasional rare rapid recovery.

Of course what you don't often see is the inverse being cited - for every person who had a rapid and unexplained recovery from a terminal illness there is another (or maybe 100 others) who had a rapid and unexplained DEATH from something treatable.

Discussion over. Now where did I put that beer...?
 
  • #27
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by russ_watters
This is a simple issue. The "phenomenon" is nothing more than a biproduct of statistical probabiliy. Given a large enough sample, you will ALWAYS get a few results from ANY experiment that are way off in left field. Such as the occasional rare rapid recovery.

Of course what you don't often see is the inverse being cited - for every person who had a rapid and unexplained recovery from a terminal illness there is another (or maybe 100 others) who had a rapid and unexplained DEATH from something treatable.

Discussion over. Now where did I put that beer...?

That would set the dominos in motion. Wouldn't it.

All that you have pointed out to me here is that there are a majority of weak willed patients in the world who give into whatever a doctor thinks is wrong with them. They seemingly cannot think for themselves nor are able to diagnos and treat themselves because they have taken no interest in their own health and well being. They leave it up to the health industry to decide what perscription will work for them.

Its criminal. BTW, I decide when this discussion is over.
 
  • #28
iron~orchid
79
0
Please accept my apology for having withdrawals. Since I find the subject of interest, I would like to continue the discussion. thank you...thank you very much.

The phenomenon of spontaneous remission, in which a person is "miraculously" cured of a terminal disease such as cancer, occurs when for some reason the person is reconnected more completely with their underlying field of intelligence.

A disease cannot take hold without a host who for one reason or other is unable to fend it off.

Healing is a matter of removing the blocks to the free unfoldment of intelligence by re-establishing the connection between mind and body at a fundamental level.

There are Sense Therapies which aim directly at balancing the physiology by balancing its functioning at the fine junction point where non-matter is transformed into matter.

I was watching a program about Harmonic Sound Therapy and its success in pain relief and remission in cancer patients as well as its use for pain relief in women delivering their babies without the use of drugs and it had this most beautiful sound being created by waving a wand around a Buddhist Temple Bowl a bit like rubbing your finger around the top of crystal stemware where the champagne is used for the stress relief thing.

The five senses usually transport awareness outside. With sense therapy, you use the senses to direct attention inside. The senses directed inward provide a powerful healing tool, because they themselves communicate frequencies, or vibrations, to the mind.

Color therapy makes use of the frequencies of the visual light spectrum, aromatherapy employs frequencies that activate the olfactory system, and sound therapy utilizes the frequencies of sound.

The
 
  • #29
FZ+
1,599
3
A disease cannot take hold without a host who for one reason or other is unable to fend it off.
Not completely correct. Recurrent illnesses do exist, with diseases hidng in your body for some time.

Healing is a matter of removing the blocks to the free unfoldment of intelligence by re-establishing the connection between mind and body at a fundamental level.
As far as our current understanding of the mind goes, conscious awareness is seated firmly in the brain, taking in sensations from the rest of the body. There is little evidence for a direct connection between the mind and the immune system - white blood cells don't have nerve terminals or mobile phones.

There are Sense Therapies which aim directly at balancing the physiology by balancing its functioning at the fine junction point where non-matter is transformed into matter.
Whaaat? Non-matter transformed into matter? Heeelllooo?

The five senses usually transport awareness outside. With sense therapy, you use the senses to direct attention inside. The senses directed inward provide a powerful healing tool, because they themselves communicate frequencies, or vibrations, to the mind.
This is incorrect. The parts of the brain attributed to meditation and other such exercises have little to do with the sensory systems. This is confirmed by brain scans.

Ok, I will now plug my personal theory here.
Pain as we all know (and if LG was still around he would point it out constantly) is a subjective phenomenon. Pain is felt in the brain, and hence this opens up the possibility for nerve impulses from nearby parts of the brain to overide the ones in the pain centres. This is how strategies work as pain relief. In mediatation or prayer, parts of the brain are activated which mask the signals from the pain centre. It still hurts, but we just don't feel it. Sensory based therapies would by providing cues to such relaxation circuits, or by foolling the brain into producing dopamine, a morphine derivative. The majority of such cures are hence symptomatic - you don't get better, you feel better. And if by luck you do get better, you state of mind is better suited to take advantage of better conditions. Some cures may indeed have a direct effect and actually make you get better, perhaps by exciting certain immune responses. But as far as I can tell, these are few and far between.
 
  • #30
iron~orchid
79
0
I choose not to use my body for disease.

or Old Age.
 
  • #31
quantumcarl
770
0
Originally posted by iron~orchid
I choose not to use my body for disease.

or Old Age.

I choose to say... the choice is yours!
 
  • #32
iron~orchid
79
0
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The five senses usually transport awareness outside. With sense therapy, you use the senses to direct attention inside. The senses directed inward provide a powerful healing tool, because they themselves communicate frequencies, or vibrations, to the mind.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
response:

This is incorrect. The parts of the brain attributed to meditation
and other such exercises have little to do with the sensory systems. This is confirmed by brain scans.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
comment:

The mind and the body work in conjunction with one another to regulate our physiology. In order for the mind to act appropriately to assist the physical body, we must use our senses as information gatherers.

We can think of the mind as a computer and the senses as the data which gets entered into the computer. Smell and taste are two important senses that aid in the digestive process. When the mind registers that a particular food, such as a dill pickle, is entering the gastrointestinal tract, it directs the body to act accordingly by releasing various digestive enzymes. However, if we overindulge the taste buds with too much of a certain taste, like too much sweet, we may find that the ability of the mind to perceive the sweet taste is impaired; and thereby the body becomes challenged in its ability to process sweet foods.

Maintaining the clarity of our senses is an essential part in allowing the mind and body to integrate their functions and help in keeping us healthy and happy individuals.
 
  • #33
russ_watters
Mentor
21,955
8,992
Originally posted by quantumcarl
All that you have pointed out to me here is that there are a majority of weak willed patients in the world who give into whatever a doctor thinks is wrong with them. They seemingly cannot think for themselves nor are able to diagnos and treat themselves because they have taken no interest in their own health and well being. They leave it up to the health industry to decide what perscription will work for them.

Its criminal.
Patient: My leg hurts.
Doctor: Its broken.
Patient: No it isn't.
Doctor: See this hairline fracture on the X-ray?
Patient: Thats a hair on the film.
Dorctor: Fair enough. That'll be $200.

Give into the doctor?? What are you PAYING him for? Criminal? Its their JOB to treat sick people. I'm sorry, but not everyone is capable of being their own doctor. Doctor's spend 10 years training for that reason.

Quantum, did you have a bad experience with a doctor that is affecting your opinion of medicine? If you did, that would explain a lot.

I have an example for you. 10 years ago, my grandfather had an aneurism of the aorta. If you don't know what that is, his aorta was about to pop like a balloon. He was diagnosed in a small hospital outside Allentown, PA. He needed nearly immediate surgery. The surgeon there wanted to do the surgery. My mother asked the surgeon's success rate: 1 for 3 in the past year. So my mom convinced her father to instead fly to Dallas where there is a world class heart center. He made a full recovery.

The first doctor didn't give my grandfather all the information he needed to make an informed decision on where to get the surgery done. Unethical? Maybe. Illegal? No. And NONE of that changes the fact that he did indeed have an aneurism that did need to be fixed to save his life.

There is something you need to remember about medicine: Its a science. So when a doctor gives you some medicine (or tells you you need surgery, etc.), you can bet that there is a LOT of reasearch backing up what that doctor is saying the medicine will do for you

iron~orchid, the vast majority of what you are talking about is simply fraud or at best self delusion (by the "healer" and the patient). The idea of "touch therapy" for example was thoroughly and unequivocably shown to be without merit by a 10 year old girl. For a science project, she did a double-blind test where "touch therapists" put their hands through a partition and tried to tell which hand the tester put her hand under. She's the youngest person ever to be published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Read about it in "Voodoo Science" by Robert Park.
 
  • #34
iron~orchid
79
0
If alternative health remedies are voodoo science, why are major players in the healthcare inductry including this as a covered benefit for their subscribers ?

There are unique constitutional differences within all individuals and different regimens should be considered acceptable for different types of people. Although two people may appear to have the same outward symptoms, their energetic constitutions may be very different and therefore call for very different remedies.

An ancient healing system of India called Ayurveda, was founded in the Himalayas and Southern India before or around 5000 years ago by sages and gurus who did not separate the external world from man's inner world, nor did they isolate man's spiritual anguish from his other sufferings.

The word Ayurveda comes from Sanskrit words, Ayus meaning life and longevity, and Veda meaning Knowledge or Science. Therefore, Ayurveda is The Science of Life, specifically referring to harmonious integration of the body, mind, senses and spirit; An art of living, an art of being.

European surgeons translated and brought into practice Indian surgery technics described in the encyclopedic writings of the Ancient Ayurvedists where they recorded the strategies that worked and those that didn't for every aspect of health and way of living. (1000 B.C.) including that of how to repair damage to the face; traditional aesthetic treatment which was devised to restore the beauty of the Maharajas and princes who were deformed while fighting a battle. This technique fostered the discipline we now call plastic surgery.

Thus, Ayurveda for centuries has prevailed consciously or unconsciously in our existence regardless of where we live; but is still awaiting its long due to be in light. Only because our era of mad-cows, crazy chickens and polyester pigs demands it. Rise in global temperature has created havocs in the past few years and worst is still to come. In the times of net, news and nuclear we as mankind are asking this question more seriously then ever before: Whether healthy man means healthy Earth or healthy Earth means healthy man?

Ayurveda posed that question nearly 2000 years ago.
 
  • #35
iron~orchid
79
0
As you see, you are not going to get many examples of miracle healing, quantumcarl. I imagine those whose cure survival was a miracle do not discuss it much due to the nonbelief factor of the listener. They probably keep it to themselves.

I think you see more of the miracle death scenario -- for instance, a woman who is full of spirit and spunk whose life shared partner passes away suddenly and family end up standing around her graveside within the next year. She no longer willed her body to stay alive.

----------------------------

I see more of the miracle healing in nature -- like a tree with a limb cut off, healing over with a protective scar. A plant left outside in its pot freezing and being discarded into the burn pile suddenly sprouting new stalk when the sprin sun warms the dirt around its root.

I have found my horse standing in the pasture with its face scalped -- the flap of skin from the eyes down hanging -- by running into barbed wire fence. The horse was not running around frantic yelling call 911 call 911. It just stood there probably thinking it was hard to breathe and eat with this flappy thing hanging down. This horse was taken to the barn and the skin sewn back into place with a curved needlepoint needle. Healing time was minimal. Another horse had a foot long gash in its hindquarters requiring internal surgery to repair torn muscle as well as the huge cute of hide. With 30 minutes of hydro therapy -- high pressure water hose -- applied twice a day for two weeks, that wound was healed with a scar that eventually became barely visible.

I have had a cattle dog injured with a cow stepping and crushing the foot causing the dog to have the leg amputated. 48 hours after the leg was removed, I arrived at the veterinary office to pick her up and she came running -- not limping around on crutches and feeling sorry for herself under heavy pain medication -- and she jumped up into the front of my truck. She was not concerned about the loss of a leg she was just glad that mom had come to get her out of that place.

It is known that wolves will chew their own leg off to free themselves from the cruelty of a human set spring trap and go about their lives. In contrast, a man recently was in the news who had cut his own arm off to free himself when he became trapped in, I believe, a rock climbing accident. Humans and the media made such a hugh scene about it for days.

How do animals and nature's own plants heal within miracle time with devastating injuries and sometimes the only meds are a leaf or bit of grass and water or none at all ? My dogs even know to munch on the grass outside when they have an upset tummy (probably from something I fed them) in order to relieve themselves.

How do they do it ? They do not let a thinking mind take over and tell them it is impossible.
 

Suggested for: Rapid Healing

Replies
22
Views
591
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
274
Replies
6
Views
315
Replies
2
Views
671
Replies
1
Views
357
Replies
19
Views
1K
Replies
17
Views
788
Replies
18
Views
1K
Replies
6
Views
600
Top