1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

.rar files

1. Jun 26, 2006 #1
    hello,
    can anybody help me with a program to run .rar(basically video) files???

Thanks
    Jake

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2006 #2
    Download a winrar http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe
    then simply install, (next, next, next and so on)
    then right click on a file, and do either extract files/ok or extract here.

4. Jun 26, 2006 #3

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Try http://www.7-zip.org/

5. Jun 28, 2006 #4
    hey guys thanks a lot.....

i downloaded both the programs and they both worked well

Jake

6. Jun 28, 2006 #5
    No use using both. Keep the one you like and uninstall the other. :)

7. Jun 30, 2006 #6
    Yeah i will, i just wanted to see which one was a better one...i have another question....Does anyone know which program would open a .l6t file?

thanks

8. Jun 30, 2006 #7
    As far as I am concerned there is no such extension as .l6t. What did you take this file from?
    And what is it anyway?

9. Jun 30, 2006 #8
    Im very sorry guys......This file i got from a music forum site and i know what it is for...Its a file/patch for a specific sound on a guitar pedal line 6 POD...Im actually a Gt8 user so i didnt know about this .l6t

Thanks for your help though heartless...

Jake

10. Jun 30, 2006 #9
    I didn't help at all. So, do you know how to open/use that file *.l6t?

11. Jun 30, 2006 #10

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I presume that Line 6 provided some kind of computer software that downloads these kinds of patch files.

The POD is pretty cool, btw.

- Warren

12. Jul 1, 2006 #11
    I meant to say thanks for taking the timeto help me!!!! yeah there is a software on the official POD site that can be used to open these files, but they are only useful if you have a POD, I dont i have the GT8 :cool:

Yeah there is a special software that is designed by POD company to help to transfer these files from the POD to the computer and vice versa through midi input and output.....Trust me chroot i have the Gt8 and its way better than the POD....i.e. in my opinion:smile:

13. Jul 1, 2006 #12
    I dont want to start another thread unecessarily for my crazy questions, but this one is related to recording live video to your camera.....Here is my question...How can i use my camera to record live video to my computer through USB if i can do it that way? Also what software can i use?

Thanks
    Jake:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?