Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

.rar files

1. Jun 26, 2006 #1
    hello,
    can anybody help me with a program to run .rar(basically video) files???

Thanks
    Jake

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 26, 2006 #2
    Download a winrar http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar351.exe
    then simply install, (next, next, next and so on)
    then right click on a file, and do either extract files/ok or extract here.

4. Jun 26, 2006 #3

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Try http://www.7-zip.org/

5. Jun 28, 2006 #4
    hey guys thanks a lot.....

i downloaded both the programs and they both worked well

Jake

6. Jun 28, 2006 #5
    No use using both. Keep the one you like and uninstall the other. :)

7. Jun 30, 2006 #6
    Yeah i will, i just wanted to see which one was a better one...i have another question....Does anyone know which program would open a .l6t file?

thanks

8. Jun 30, 2006 #7
    As far as I am concerned there is no such extension as .l6t. What did you take this file from?
    And what is it anyway?

9. Jun 30, 2006 #8
    Im very sorry guys......This file i got from a music forum site and i know what it is for...Its a file/patch for a specific sound on a guitar pedal line 6 POD...Im actually a Gt8 user so i didnt know about this .l6t

Thanks for your help though heartless...

Jake

10. Jun 30, 2006 #9
    I didn't help at all. So, do you know how to open/use that file *.l6t?

11. Jun 30, 2006 #10

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I presume that Line 6 provided some kind of computer software that downloads these kinds of patch files.

The POD is pretty cool, btw.

- Warren

12. Jul 1, 2006 #11
    I meant to say thanks for taking the timeto help me!!!! yeah there is a software on the official POD site that can be used to open these files, but they are only useful if you have a POD, I dont i have the GT8 :cool:

Yeah there is a special software that is designed by POD company to help to transfer these files from the POD to the computer and vice versa through midi input and output.....Trust me chroot i have the Gt8 and its way better than the POD....i.e. in my opinion:smile:

13. Jul 1, 2006 #12
    I dont want to start another thread unecessarily for my crazy questions, but this one is related to recording live video to your camera.....Here is my question...How can i use my camera to record live video to my computer through USB if i can do it that way? Also what software can i use?

Thanks
    Jake:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?