Itchy Rash Woes: Near Christmas Diagnosis

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Christmas
In summary: I don't know, it's just really frustrating.In summary, Wolram is having an itchy rash and is concerned about what it could be. The rash is probably caused by the cold weather and the central heating, and it may be shingles. Wolram also has no other symptoms.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Over night i have developed an itchy rash on my feet, legs and hands, even my eye balls feel itchy, i am in fear of my first medical illness, bollocks why so near christmas.

Physics news on Phys.org
First?

Of what?

The 3rd week of December? :wink:

More seriously, it could be a combination of the cold we've been experiencing over the past week. That, and the central heating I've had blasting out, have made my skin very dry and itchy.

A rash on your extremities, do you recall coming into contact with anything specific that could have caused an allergic reaction?

Maybe you've turned allergic to the goodies your company puts in pastries -
Or did you start using fabric softener? Lots of folks have problems with that stuff.

Since it's all over you, you either have an infection or some kind of allergic reaction.

Evo said:
A rash on your extremities, do you recall coming into contact with anything specific that could have caused an allergic reaction?

Just the normal stuff, but my feet, legs? i have an appointment at the docs in 45mins, hopefully he will be able to tell what it is, i say hopefully because 9 times out of 10 he
says it is a bug going around.

It was a she doctor and she does not know what it is, i have had so much blood drawn off for samples i have gone all wrinkly.
Ah well no work for seven days, that's when the blood test results come in.

Is the rash dry or oozing? Any other symptoms? Swelling in glands in your neck?

aww poor Wolly, but nice to have some time off from work. Hope all is better soon.

Evo said:
Is the rash dry or oozing? Any other symptoms? Swelling in glands in your neck?
The rash is like tiny blisters that bleed if scraped, i have no other symptoms, but i have such a huge immune system i doubt if any bug army will ever get me.

wolram said:
The rash is like tiny blisters that bleed if scraped, i have no other symptoms, but i have such a huge immune system i doubt if any bug army will ever get me.
Sounds to me like a case of extra-terrestrial posession. Your body is having a normal reaction to the take over by the symbiant.

I hope they find out what it is, or better that it just disappears on it's own.

wolram said:
How does one measure the "size" of one's immune system? Does it hang off your side like a tumor? Or does your lymph system have vessels made of ABS piping?

You obviously don't know Wolram. :wink:

If he can get his foot stuck in his boot, he can surely have a huge immune system. :smile:

Evo said:
Sounds to me like a case of extra-terrestrial posession. Your body is having a normal reaction to the take over by the symbiant.

I hope they find out what it is, or better that it just disappears on it's own.

You think i may be the next step in human evolution?

wolram said:
You think i may be the next step in human evolution?
I'm almost certain.

wolram said:

It may be fleabites---anyone here have experience with those?

-------------------Oh --yeah---wolram---WE NEED PHOTOS

Last edited:
rewebster said:
It may be fleabites---anyone here have experience with those?
Not that I know of. :redface: I'm still covered with them, damn they take a long time to heal.

Wolram, do they itch or hurt?

Wolram, is your rash any better?

I want to scratch like crazy, aaaahhh.

How's the rash?

It turns out that my red blood cells are bigger than most peoples, well that is normal, but my veins are the (same size) as normal people, that is so wrong.

wolram said:
It turns out that my red blood cells are bigger than most peoples, well that is normal, but my veins are the (same size) as normal people, that is so wrong.
How is that causing the rash?

Woolie, I've never heard of such a thing (not surprising), but is it possible that you're insufficiently hydrated? Did your doctor suggest anything to that effect?

turbo-1 said:
Woolie, I've never heard of such a thing (not surprising), but is it possible that you're insufficiently hydrated? Did your doctor suggest anything to that effect?

It seems it is a lack vitamin B12, the rash is as yet unexplained but i have the results of another blood test to wait for, that is 7 lots of blood they have took from me and half my arm is blue/black.
The rash is a getting a lot less without treatment.

Wolram, and Evo if you're reading this,

If you have any stubborn spots try rinsing the area with distilled water after you shower.
It can be soothing.

Running you towels, sheets and washable clothes through a second rinse cycle also helps make sure there's no soap residue left to irritate sensitive skin. I usually wash new towels, socks, shirts and jeans before I use them as well. It seems possible some warehouses and the like might use chemicals to combat nasty little critters. I'd prefer to think everything if safe and non-toxic but, stuff happens.

Far Star said:
Wolram, and Evo if you're reading this,

If you have any stubborn spots try rinsing the area with distilled water after you shower.
It can be soothing.

Running you towels, sheets and washable clothes through a second rinse cycle also helps make sure there's no soap residue left to irritate sensitive skin. I usually wash new towels, socks, shirts and jeans before I use them as well. It seems possible some warehouses and the like might use chemicals to combat nasty little critters. I'd prefer to think everything if safe and non-toxic but, stuff happens.

Thanks Far Star, the lack of knowledge of what is in our environment ( covered up by every one concerned) is a worry, but i am sure the people that make money out of us will want a significant number of us to survive to keep them in luxury.

wolram said:
Thanks Far Star, the lack of knowledge of what is in our environment ( covered up by every one concerned) is a worry, but i am sure the people that make money out of us will want a significant number of us to survive to keep them in luxury.

I didn't think much about such things until I hand rinsed a new t-shirt while away from home. Whatever the finish was had a chemical odor and left the sink full of suds. It might be innocuous but I don't think I'd want to risk it on already irritated skin.

I save my hair shirt for that. :<)

Far Star said:
I didn't think much about such things until I hand rinsed a new t-shirt while away from home. Whatever the finish was had a chemical odor and left the sink full of suds. It might be innocuous but I don't think I'd want to risk it on already irritated skin.

I save my hair shirt for that. :<)

Have you noticed that when hand washing socks they smell worse after washing?

wolram said:
Have you noticed that when hand washing socks they smell worse after washing?

I think you're supposed to take them off first. :<)

Cotton and cotton acrylic blends seem to be good for holding in odors. I've never had that problem with wool or high wool blends.

1. What is an itchy rash?

An itchy rash is a skin condition characterized by red, inflamed skin that is accompanied by intense itching. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergies, infections, and skin irritants.

2. What are the common symptoms of an itchy rash?

The most common symptoms of an itchy rash include redness, swelling, and bumps or blisters on the skin. It may also be accompanied by intense itching, pain, and a burning sensation.

3. How is an itchy rash diagnosed?

The diagnosis of an itchy rash typically involves a physical examination of the affected area and a review of the patient's medical history. In some cases, a skin biopsy or allergy testing may be necessary to determine the underlying cause of the rash.

4. Can an itchy rash be treated?

Yes, an itchy rash can be treated depending on the underlying cause. Treatment options may include topical or oral medications, antihistamines, and avoiding triggers that may aggravate the rash. It is important to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

5. Is an itchy rash contagious?

The answer to this question depends on the underlying cause of the rash. Some rashes, such as those caused by infections, may be contagious. However, most itchy rashes are not contagious and cannot be spread from person to person.