Solving a Group Job Efficiency Problem

In summary, it takes 48 women 1 day to do 1/16 of the job and 16 men 1 day to do 1/24 of the job. Men do twice as much as women, and dividing by 24 will give the values in hours.
blumfeld0
Suppose it takes 48 women 16 days to do the same job that it takes 16 men to do in 24 days. If 10 men started working on the job and worked for 5 hours, then all 48 women joined them. how long would it take them working together to finish the job? i know i have to find the rates so i have

48/16= 3 women/day

16/24= 2/3 men/day

i am just having trouble knowing what to do with the fact that 10 men started working BEFORE the women joined. i could this problem easily if they both started working at the same time. thanks

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
blumfeld0 said:
Suppose it takes 48 women 16 days to do the same job that it takes 16 men to do in 24 days. If 10 men started working on the job and worked for 5 hours, then all 48 women joined them. how long would it take them working together to finish the job?

i know i have to find the rates so i have

48/16= 3 women/day

16/24= 2/3 men/day

What do you mean by '48/16= 3 women/day'? It takes 48 women one day to do 1/16 of the job, right? Further on, it takes 16 men one day to do 1/24 of the job. See what you can do with that.

im still confused. i understand what you said.
i know 1/t1 + 1/t2 = 1/t total
any other advice

thanks

Well, If it takes 48 women 1 day to do 1/16 of the job, a one women, in one day, would take 1/(16*48). For 1 man in 1 day they could do 1/(16*24). From that you can see men do twice as much as women. The values i stated just before are for days, divide by 24 to get hours.

What is a group job efficiency problem?

A group job efficiency problem is an issue that arises when a team or group is not able to complete tasks or projects efficiently. This can be due to various factors such as poor communication, conflicting goals, lack of motivation, or inadequate resources.

How can a group job efficiency problem be identified?

A group job efficiency problem can be identified by analyzing the team's performance and productivity. This can involve tracking the time taken to complete tasks, the quality of work produced, and the team's overall output. Feedback from team members and stakeholders can also help in identifying areas of improvement.

What are some strategies for solving a group job efficiency problem?

Some strategies for solving a group job efficiency problem include improving communication and collaboration among team members, setting clear goals and expectations, delegating tasks effectively, providing training and resources, and addressing any conflicts or issues within the team.

How can a leader play a role in solving a group job efficiency problem?

A leader can play a crucial role in solving a group job efficiency problem by providing guidance and support to team members, facilitating effective communication and decision-making, identifying and addressing any issues within the team, and setting a positive example for the team to follow.

What are the potential benefits of solving a group job efficiency problem?

Solving a group job efficiency problem can lead to improved productivity, better quality of work, increased job satisfaction and motivation among team members, and a more positive work environment. It can also help in achieving goals and objectives more efficiently and effectively.