1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rating the Profs

1. Nov 5, 2004 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was checking out a site called www.ratemyprofessors.com to get the low-down on some prospective teachers and I found it very helpful. They have listings for schools in the U.S. and Canada. I looked up the reviews of former teachers and they are pretty accurate.

I particularly enjoyed the collection of funny ratings:
    http://www.ratemyprofessor.com/Funniest.jsp

excerpts:
    "Evil computer science teaching robot who crushes humans for pleasure."

"Teaches well, invites questions and then insults you for 20 minutes."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 5, 2004 #2

Galileo

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Cool site.

Too bad it's only for american univ's.

4. Nov 5, 2004 #3
    I like the one that said "Your pillow will need a pillow"
    Well, actually some of the rating are not very accurate . I looked up some of favorite my former teachers and they all have bad rating just because they are strict . I think generally teachers who give you and A for just showing up at the class get high rating compare to those who actually does teach you something worthwhile

5. Nov 5, 2004 #4
    I've found it to be fairly accurate. Good site, though my school compiles the data from surveys given at the end of the year and posts them online, so that one is more complete.

6. Nov 5, 2004 #5
    Look carefully at the posts. The ones that are well worded and well written, you can usually trust those to be fair.

If it's like this:

"teacher sucks, I do not bad, I do work but its still got me a bad grade."

Don't assume that English is their second language. People who write and talk like this not only graduate from high school today, but they actually get into college. They probably didn't have the basic skills to do well in that class in the first place.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?