Why do I lose all posting privileges when my contributor status expires?

• Thread starter Schrodinger's Dog
  • Start date
In summary, when your PF contributor status runs out, you lose all posting privileges instead of reverting back to a non-contributor status. This has happened twice to the speaker due to forgetting to check on their status. They had to email an admin to resolve the issue, which seems drastic. However, the speaker has paid for 6 years and hopes it won't be a future problem. It seems like a strange glitch and hopefully it can be resolved easily. Another contributor, Moonbear, has only had problems with paying for contributorship and having to ask for their mentor privileges to be restored. The speaker thanks Moonbear for their input and hopes this issue won't happen to anyone else.
Schrodinger's Dog
Simple question, why when your PF contributor status runs out do you lose all posting privellages? Surely you should just revert back to a non-contributor status, I've had this happen twice now, basically because I have a memory like sieve and I forgot to check up on my status. It's a bit annoying though to suddenly find out you can't post, pm or do anything, I had to get an email address from pay pall to email an admin to help me out. Seems a bit drastic that your essentially kicked of the forum if you forget to keep up your contributor status?

Anyway I've payed for 6yr now so shouldn't be a future problem, but how come this happens?

Physics news on Phys.org
It's not supposed to happen that way. Sounds like a strange glitch. I guess if you had to email Greg, he knows about the problem already. Hopefully that can get resolved more easily. I've only had problems with paying the contributorship turning me gold and having to plead with Greg to restore my mentor privileges, which isn't nearly so bad as losing all access.

OK Thanks Moonbear, it was a little annoying, just a glitch you say, hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

1. Why do I need contributor status to post on a platform?

Contributor status typically grants users additional privileges and access to certain features on a platform. This helps maintain the quality of content and prevents spam or inappropriate posts from being published.

2. What happens when my contributor status expires?

If your contributor status expires, you will lose access to the privileges and features that were granted to you. This may include the ability to post, edit, or delete content on the platform.

3. Can I regain my contributor status once it expires?

In most cases, yes. You can usually apply for contributor status again once it expires. However, this may require meeting certain criteria or going through a review process.

4. How long does contributor status typically last?

The duration of contributor status varies depending on the platform and their policies. It could range from a few months to a few years. Some platforms may also require users to regularly meet certain criteria to maintain their contributor status.

5. Will my previous posts be removed if my contributor status expires?

In most cases, no. Your previous posts will still remain on the platform even if your contributor status expires. However, you may no longer be able to edit or delete them.