Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reaaaaaaly hot weather

1. Jul 5, 2005 #1

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Reaaaaaaly hot weather....

I just checked the WEATHER REPORT for tonight (pic attached for if the link has been fixed). Good thing I have air conditioning. :surprised

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2005 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Ouch! See what happens when you get into hot water with me and Patty? :rofl: :wink:

4. Jul 5, 2005 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Russ, as long as it stays below 451F, don't worry about it.

Do I need to okay your attachment? :biggrin:

5. Jul 5, 2005 #4
    Haha.. don't die.

6. Jul 5, 2005 #5
    Haha, 22 C isn't hot. It is relatively cool here ;)

7. Jul 5, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The link must open differently for you if you're getting it in C. The version we're seeing shows the overnight LOW for tonight is 300 F!! :surprised

8. Jul 5, 2005 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I just approved the attachment. They appear to have mixed the time indicated below, with the temp.

9. Jul 5, 2005 #8
    Gah! :yuck:
    That is exactly why I never want to live in a desert. I can't stand the heat I do get around here and I'm just a few miles from the beach.

10. Jul 6, 2005 #9

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Russ lives in Pennsylvania, far from the desert. Here in Oregon, we are experiencing overcast skies with 70 degree weather :rolleyes: Summer in the Northwest starts sometime in August and ends in October.

11. Jul 6, 2005 #10
    Mmmmm.. yes I love Oregon. I especially love the rain.

12. Jul 6, 2005 #11

Evo

300 degrees fahrenheit :bugeye:

Russ, don't forget you can approve your own attachments. I'm without my dsl connection until the replacement modem gets here. I'm connecting at 24k. :cry:

13. Jul 6, 2005 #12
    LOL. Our cover is blown. Now everyone knows we're omnipotent. :devil:

(Thank God you didn't mention Moonbear's heat dance!)

Edit: (thank GOD there is an edit feature here!): I swear to god the first time through this thread, it was Astronuc saying what now, Moonbear has said. I didn't know *why* Astronuc had said that, but somehow he had. (See? Astronuc and moonbear really *are* omnipotent! they changed who said what!). I couldn't figure it out, but you know, new forums have their quirks. :rofl: It makes much more sennse with Moonbear saying it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  14. Jul 6, 2005 #13
    Hey, not to get personal, but whereabouts?

We were in Irvine and would sail out of Newport (they have a great deal for students - Semester lessons on 2-man sailboats - Shields?), during post-docs. Now we're up in Ventura county. Eight mile hike through state parks, to the beach. Ar you a Los Angelean or a San Diegan?

15. Jul 6, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rolleyes: Oh, sure, you had to tell them. They already think I'm crazy enough when I'm in heat, and now you tell them about my dance. :eek:

16. Jul 6, 2005 #15
    HAHAHA...
    I live in Orange County. The OC :cool: :tongue:

17. Jul 6, 2005 #16
    Dude. Check out Taco Tuesday at (beachfront place forget the name - Maybe El Torito grill but not sure) in Laguna beach.

Totally hot babes, great tacos, 50 cents each. (The tacos.)

Just don't call the women totally hot babes. They''ll slug ya.

-Patty's alter ego, Patrick

18. Jul 6, 2005 #17

Evo

<snort>

:rofl:

19. Jul 6, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh dear, so many ways to interpret this, so many comments just wanting to be typed. :uhh: :blushing: :tongue2: :rofl: Perhaps you should have listed the tacos in a different sentence from the "hot babes." :wink: :eek:

20. Jul 6, 2005 #19
    Thank you lol...
    My best friend lives around that area and is always looking for places like that to go. Personally I'm an aficinado of dive bars, he likes kareoke and I like pool tables. It may be a long shot but if you like the punker/greaser scene there's a bar called Johnny's in Huntington Beach. I also like Blues clubs, Martini Blues is a good one.

21. Jul 6, 2005 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

rofl, look at that dewpoint.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?