Really Hot Weather: Good Thing I Have AC!

In summary: Russ lives in Pennsylvania, far from the desert. Here in Oregon, we are experiencing overcast skies with 70 degree weather :rolleyes: Summer in the Northwest starts sometime in August and ends in October.Mmmmm.. yes I love Oregon. I especially love the rain.300 degrees fahrenheit :bugeye: Russ, don't forget you can approve your own attachments. I'm without my dsl connection until the replacement modem gets here. I'm connecting at 24k. :cry::rofl: Ouch! See what happens when you get into hot water with me and Patty? :rofl: :wink:
russ_watters
Mentor

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 412
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:rofl: Ouch! See what happens when you get into hot water with me and Patty? :rofl: :wink:

Russ, as long as it stays below 451F, don't worry about it.

Do I need to okay your attachment? :biggrin:

Haha.. don't die.

Haha, 22 C isn't hot. It is relatively cool here ;)

lwymarie said:
Haha, 22 C isn't hot. It is relatively cool here ;)
The link must open differently for you if you're getting it in C. The version we're seeing shows the overnight LOW for tonight is 300 F!

I just approved the attachment. They appear to have mixed the time indicated below, with the temp.

Gah! :yuck:
That is exactly why I never want to live in a desert. I can't stand the heat I do get around here and I'm just a few miles from the beach.

TheStatutoryApe said:
That is exactly why I never want to live in a desert. I can't stand the heat I do get around here and I'm just a few miles from the beach.

Russ lives in Pennsylvania, far from the desert. Here in Oregon, we are experiencing overcast skies with 70 degree weather :rolleyes: Summer in the Northwest starts sometime in August and ends in October.

Mmmmm.. yes I love Oregon. I especially love the rain.

300 degrees fahrenheit :bugeye:

Russ, don't forget you can approve your own attachments. I'm without my dsl connection until the replacement modem gets here. I'm connecting at 24k. :cry:

Moonbear said:
:rofl: Ouch! See what happens when you get into hot water with me and Patty? :rofl: :wink:

LOL. Our cover is blown. Now everyone knows we're omnipotent. :devil:

(Thank God you didn't mention Moonbear's heat dance!)

Edit: (thank GOD there is an edit feature here!): I swear to god the first time through this thread, it was Astronuc saying what now, Moonbear has said. I didn't know *why* Astronuc had said that, but somehow he had. (See? Astronuc and moonbear really *are* omnipotent! they changed who said what!). I couldn't figure it out, but you know, new forums have their quirks. :rofl: It makes much more sennse with Moonbear saying it.

Last edited:
TheStatutoryApe said:

Hey, not to get personal, but whereabouts?

We were in Irvine and would sail out of Newport (they have a great deal for students - Semester lessons on 2-man sailboats - Shields?), during post-docs. Now we're up in Ventura county. Eight mile hike through state parks, to the beach. Ar you a Los Angelean or a San Diegan?

pattylou said:
(Thank God you didn't mention Moonbear's heat dance!)
:rolleyes: Oh, sure, you had to tell them. They already think I'm crazy enough when I'm in heat, and now you tell them about my dance. :eek:

Moonbear said:
:rolleyes: Oh, sure, you had to tell them. They already think I'm crazy enough when I'm in heat, and now you tell them about my dance. :eek:
HAHAHA...
Patty said:
Hey, not to get personal, but whereabouts?
I live in Orange County. The OC :cool: :tongue:

Dude. Check out Taco Tuesday at (beachfront place forget the name - Maybe El Torito grill but not sure) in Laguna beach.

Totally hot babes, great tacos, 50 cents each. (The tacos.)

Just don't call the women totally hot babes. They''ll slug ya.

-Patty's alter ego, Patrick

pattylou said:
<snort>

:rofl:

pattylou said:
Oh dear, so many ways to interpret this, so many comments just wanting to be typed. :uhh: :blushing: :tongue2: :rofl: Perhaps you should have listed the tacos in a different sentence from the "hot babes." :wink: :eek:

pattylou said:
Dude. Check out Taco Tuesday at (beachfront place forget the name - Maybe El Torito grill but not sure) in Laguna beach.

Just don't call the women totally hot babes. They''ll slug ya.

-Patty's alter ego, Patrick
Thank you lol...
My best friend lives around that area and is always looking for places like that to go. Personally I'm an aficinado of dive bars, he likes kareoke and I like pool tables. It may be a long shot but if you like the punker/greaser scene there's a bar called Johnny's in Huntington Beach. I also like Blues clubs, Martini Blues is a good one.

russ_watters said:
I just checked the WEATHER REPORT for tonight (pic attached for if the link has been fixed). Good thing I have air conditioning.

rofl, look at that dewpoint.

1. What causes really hot weather?

Really hot weather is typically caused by a combination of factors such as high levels of humidity, strong sunlight, and warm air masses. These factors can create conditions that lead to high temperatures.

2. Is really hot weather becoming more common?

Yes, studies have shown that global temperatures have been increasing over the past few decades, resulting in more frequent and intense heat waves. This trend is expected to continue as the Earth's climate continues to change.

3. How does air conditioning help during hot weather?

Air conditioning helps by removing heat and moisture from the air, creating a more comfortable and cooler environment. It also helps reduce the risk of heat-related illnesses by providing a cool space to escape the high temperatures.

4. Are there any negative effects of using AC during hot weather?

While air conditioning can provide relief from hot weather, it also has some negative effects. It consumes a lot of energy, contributing to air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. It can also dry out the air and lead to health issues such as dry skin and respiratory problems.

5. How can we prepare for really hot weather?

To prepare for really hot weather, it is important to stay hydrated, wear loose and light-colored clothing, and limit outdoor activities during the hottest parts of the day. It is also important to have access to a cool space, whether it's through air conditioning or finding shade.