Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reaction forces not matching with Test results

1. Feb 28, 2015 #1
    Hello,

I am analysing a 3D D shaped Incompressible Neo hookean material in contact with a semi cylinder using Ansys 14.5 APDL. The input values provided are C10=2737674.313898 and mass of D shape geometry to be 8 kg/m. I have converted these values into density and Shear Modulus as required in Ansys 14.5. I want the D shape to deform by 30mm. I have cut down the dimensions using symmetry to reduce the computational costs. The original model was 100 mm x 100 mm x 400 mm. Now it is 50 mm x 100 mm x 100 mm I am able to solve it but the reaction forces are not anywhere close to the experimental value (586N v/s 6KN). Could anyone please look into the code and tell me where I am going wrong confused.gif Please provide with your inputs as soon as possible. The Input file is attached for your reference.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Regards,
    Bruce

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook