1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reactor Waste

1. May 13, 2008 #1
    Assuming a Light Water Reactor, what would be the decay energy of the fission products of the reactor's nuclear waste and it's thermal yield?

What I am getting at is that instead of just storing the waste, i want to know how much electricity the waste emits.

I have very little information to help me go forward..and I was wondering if anyone out there can help me or point me in the right direction....

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2008 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I had never heard of nuclear waste emitting electricity.

It would be good if this thread could be moved to the nuclear engineering subfourm.

4. May 14, 2008 #3
    well I'll reword it then, find the thermal yield so i can find the thermal decay and in the end calculate how much electricity it produces and as for where the thread belongs, it in-fact belongs in both places because it couples both physics and engineering together.

5. May 14, 2008 #4

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I locked this thread, as a very similar one has been started in nuclear engineering.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?