Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reactor Waste

1. May 13, 2008 #1
    Assuming a Light Water Reactor, what would be the decay energy of the fission products of the reactor's nuclear waste and it's thermal yield?

What I am getting at is that instead of just storing the waste, i want to know how much electricity the waste emits.

I have very little information to help me go forward..and I was wondering if anyone out there can help me or point me in the right direction....
  2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

I had never heard of nuclear waste emitting electricity.

It would be good if this thread could be moved to the nuclear engineering subfourm.
  4. May 14, 2008 #3
    well I'll reword it then, find the thermal yield so i can find the thermal decay and in the end calculate how much electricity it produces and as for where the thread belongs, it in-fact belongs in both places because it couples both physics and engineering together.
  5. May 14, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I locked this thread, as a very similar one has been started in nuclear engineering.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?