Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Read This! But don't tell!

1. Mar 8, 2008 #1
    " Recently, two young girls met each other on the street. Jan said, "Millie told me that you told her that secret I told you not to tell her." Replied Mary, "She's a mean thing! I told her not to tell you." "Well," said Jan, "I told her I wouldn't tell you she told me, so dont tell her I did."

From the Speaker's Quote Book:smile:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2008 #2
    Who can live without hope?

4. Mar 8, 2008 #3
    This is a story about four people named Everybody, Anybody, Somebody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.
    Anybody could have done it , but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done."

5. Mar 8, 2008 #4

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If Jan didn't want Mary to tell Millie to tell Jan not to tell Mary, uh :uhh: Well, no one would have said anything unless they wanted everyone to know.

6. Mar 8, 2008 #5
    :biggrin:

7. Mar 8, 2008 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

With girls like this, secrets are a competition/test to see who can hold on to them longest. It's also part of a ranking system ("I can't believe you told her before you told me!")

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  8. Mar 8, 2008 #7
    yes, true

9. Mar 8, 2008 #8
    Jimmy: Can you keep a secret?
    Wife: Yes.
    JImmy: So can I.
    Wife: You're a dead man Snyder.

10. Mar 8, 2008 #9

Danger

Gold Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. Mar 9, 2008 #10
    The difference between smart man and a wise man is that a smart man knows what to say and a wise man knows whether to say it or not.

Wise men learn from fools than fools learn from the wise.

Common sense is an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?