Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reading material re space/time

1. Nov 27, 2012 #1
    as title..
    are there any books with recent info re. current thinking about space/time..origin, structure etc...

cheers

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 27, 2012 #2
    I think it owuld be helpful if you were more specifc as to what you wanted, the origin and strucutre of the cosmos is the realm of comsology, so are you looking for an introductory text on cosmology , if so what level? a layman paperback, a introductory text book or adavance text book?

4. Nov 27, 2012 #3
    i am a 3rd year uni astronomy..
    sorry about the vagueness..
    i am interested in books that are exploring/introducing ideas re origin of space/time..
    esp ideas that try and explain weather space time is emergent.

cheers

5. Nov 27, 2012 #4
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  6. Nov 27, 2012 #5
    thanks for the info..
    its the same problem i am finding re get all info...the field is moving so quickly and floridly that within months there is further contribution..
    cheers.

7. Nov 27, 2012 #6
    Try these authors:
    MArtin Bojowald, Alan Guth, Sean Caroll, Lee Smolin, Neil Turok, Alex Vilenkin, Loenard Susskind, Richard Gott, Roger Penrose.
    they all have some interesting and often conflicting ideas about these origins questions.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook