Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Real Analysis! HELP!

1. Nov 6, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Show that there exists measurable functions f_n defined on some measure subspace, st f_n-> f a.e. but such that f is not measurable.

2. Relevant equations

Converges a.e. means that converges everywhere except on a set of measure zero.

3. The attempt at a solution
    Need to construct a measure space in which some subset of a measurable set of measure zero is not measurable. However, such measure space is not compelte.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2008 #2
    I know that I need to construct a measure space in which some subset of a measurable set of measure zero is not measurable. However, such measure space is not complete.
    It seems that there is a subset of the Cantor set that is not borel measurable...so, if you choose the Borel measure, then you know it is not complete and that m(Cantor set)=0...
    I am not sure how to choose the function though...maybe choose the Cantor function?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook