1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Real Analysis! HELP!

1. Nov 6, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Show that there exists measurable functions f_n defined on some measure subspace, st f_n-> f a.e. but such that f is not measurable.

2. Relevant equations

Converges a.e. means that converges everywhere except on a set of measure zero.

3. The attempt at a solution
    Need to construct a measure space in which some subset of a measurable set of measure zero is not measurable. However, such measure space is not compelte.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2008 #2
    I know that I need to construct a measure space in which some subset of a measurable set of measure zero is not measurable. However, such measure space is not complete.
    It seems that there is a subset of the Cantor set that is not borel measurable...so, if you choose the Borel measure, then you know it is not complete and that m(Cantor set)=0...
    I am not sure how to choose the function though...maybe choose the Cantor function?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?