REAL girl trouble i feel horrible

• Thread starter rocketboy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary: and i felt like an outcast. so i left, came back to my dorm, and cried my eyes out. the next day my gf and i had a huge argument where she basically told me that she doesn't want to be with me and that our relationship is over. in summary, my gf went through the best and worst day of her life in the span of 24 hours, and the worst part is that i feel like i ruined it.
rocketboy said:
Last night I was out with friends, got home and noticed (to my happiness) that she had called while I was out. I slept well last night.

Tonight, I was battling the decision to call her or not. I knew that she worked today and wasn't sure when she got home... so I figured I'd let her call me, in the past little while I don't think she's called me two nights in a row without hearing from me, it has been consistent that she would call if I had called and left a message for her but otherwise no. So I started reading the 6th Harry Potter book and completely forgot about calling anyone. For the second night in a row I was pleasantly surprised when the phone rang and it was her. She seemed more normal than she has in the past while, she asked me how I was, (referring to the car) and seemed to enjoy talking to me for once.

So basically, I think things may be starting to turn around. Now all I need to do is find a time to see her.. and figure out how to see her since my parents have (implied) that I have lost driving privaledges. (two speeding tickets and a car accident in my first year of driving haven't gone over too well... even though they both know that I am a responsible driver... I admit I have a heavy foot though)

I drive somewhat fast. Like 15-20 (that's MPH) over depending on traffic. I grew up in a small town and the police had nothing better to do then pull people over. We used to drive around and intentionally get them to pull US over, just to turn the scales on them... we figured they had nothing better to do, so we would give them something to do. This one officer was all tucked away behind this sign, lights off, very very well hidden. It must have taken him 20 minutes to get back there, just to setup shop to find speeders. After about 1:00 am NOBODY would be on the road. I can't believe he spent the time to get parked there... anyways. The speed limit was a whopping 35 on that road. (By the way this is a tangent to what I was originally talking about). So it was my friend driving, another friend sitting passenger, and myself. We drove by him doing 34 the first time, turned around drove by doing 33, turned around and drove by again doing maybe 34, and just kept doing it, over and over. It was so funny to see him pull out of there and pull us over... he looked so furious when he came up to the car. ANYWAYS... we did a ton of stupid **** like that.

My original point was my fast driving I guess. This one time when I was younger I got pulled over 3 times in two days. Twice one day, and once the day after. I got a speeding ticket, a warning, and a speeding ticket resepectively. That was horrible. My parents were FUMING. I got pulled over MANY times after that, but that was the most tickets I've ever had in a short amount of time. Since I've left that town, I drive exactly the same, but haven't been pulled over since (knock on wood). I drive in a "big" city now and the police have to deal with murders, car jackings, you know "real" crimes. So now it's nice just to drive with traffic (or a little faster). I don't know where you live, or what the officers are like, or even why I'm typing this story :) Anyway, I'm glad to hear things worked out with your girl. Sounds like you have someone cool... it's got to be nice not having to play the dating game. For one thing it's expensive, and for another there are TONS of annoying people that inhabit this Earth (such as Evo for example).

P.S. Evo, I'm just playing :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
The Evo Child wrecked her new car three times in her first 6 weeks, but hasn't had an incident since.
Of course you don't mention that you never gave her the keys again after that, which is why she's been accident-free ever since. :rofl:

Glad to hear things are getting better, rocketboy. A few relationship bumps are to be expected, and the important thing to find out is if you can deal with them and move past those problems as a couple.

FrogPad said:
and for another there are TONS of annoying people that inhabit this Earth (such as Evo for example).
I see a short life on PF for FrogPad :grumpy:

Yeah right, put that in chocolate, for me and the sisters. :grumpy:

Don't want to derail the thread but if you get caught speeding or have multiple accidents in your first year of driving, you shouldn't be on the road.

With the new laws, in the UK you now lose you license (incl. provisional and theory) if you get caught twice within two years of passing. ****ing hate **** drivers.

Anyway, Rocketboy - you should start shopping around, go out on some dates with other ladies. That'll get your girl's attention :biggrin:

Evo said:
I see a short life on PF for FrogPad :grumpy:

Yeah right, put that in chocolate, for me and the sisters. :grumpy:

Evo I was just messing around :smile: I had to give you a little love since we were arguing so much about the playing games, and not playing games earlier in this thread... Well since rocketboy seems to be good now, I guess I can go back to my anti-feminist crusade :wink:

PS
the chocolate is on its way.

FrogPad said:
I drive somewhat fast. Like 15-20 (that's MPH) over depending on traffic. I grew up in a small town and the police had nothing better to do then pull people over. We used to drive around and intentionally get them to pull US over, just to turn the scales on them... we figured they had nothing better to do, so we would give them something to do. This one officer was all tucked away behind this sign, lights off, very very well hidden. It must have taken him 20 minutes to get back there, just to setup shop to find speeders. After about 1:00 am NOBODY would be on the road. I can't believe he spent the time to get parked there... anyways. The speed limit was a whopping 35 on that road. (By the way this is a tangent to what I was originally talking about). So it was my friend driving, another friend sitting passenger, and myself. We drove by him doing 34 the first time, turned around drove by doing 33, turned around and drove by again doing maybe 34, and just kept doing it, over and over. It was so funny to see him pull out of there and pull us over... he looked so furious when he came up to the car. ANYWAYS... we did a ton of stupid **** like that.

My original point was my fast driving I guess. This one time when I was younger I got pulled over 3 times in two days. Twice one day, and once the day after. I got a speeding ticket, a warning, and a speeding ticket resepectively. That was horrible. My parents were FUMING. I got pulled over MANY times after that, but that was the most tickets I've ever had in a short amount of time. Since I've left that town, I drive exactly the same, but haven't been pulled over since (knock on wood). I drive in a "big" city now and the police have to deal with murders, car jackings, you know "real" crimes. So now it's nice just to drive with traffic (or a little faster). I don't know where you live, or what the officers are like, or even why I'm typing this story :) Anyway, I'm glad to hear things worked out with your girl. Sounds like you have someone cool... it's got to be nice not having to play the dating game. For one thing it's expensive, and for another there are TONS of annoying people that inhabit this Earth (such as Evo for example).

No worries for going off topic... I enjoyed the story. Why did the cop who was hiding pull you over if you were doing under the limit though?

And in reply to all, I'm not saying things ARE better I'm saying they SEEM to be better... I'll keep the positive attitude goin though!

ANd in reply to J77, I definitely wouldn't say I've been "shopping around" but Friday night I went to a party and met a really cool girl there, but don't get me wrong: I didn't do it to play games, I did it because I enjoy meeting new people and she was an interesting person. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm not letting my current gf prevent me from meeting new people, and it has never been like that, which is awesome.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Yes, it seems she's moving closer again, that's great! :smile:

The Evo Child wrecked her new car three times in her first 6 weeks, but hasn't had an incident since.

I guess it's expected... the worst part though is I have to pay for the damage, and right now I am trying to make money for university. Looks like I'm going to be even more in debt!

Evo said:
Hold on there! Does this mean, she wrecked it, got it repaired, wrecked it again, got it repaired, and wrecked it yet a third time? And was it repaired a third time? Was the damage minor each time?

Did she get a suspended license?

I hope neither she nor other drivers were terribly hurt. :frown:

This couldn't have been too long ago - within the last two years.

rocketboy said:
No worries for going off topic... I enjoyed the story. Why did the cop who was hiding pull you over if you were doing under the limit though?

He didn't pull us over right away. He actually pulled out and followed us for like 3 miles. We made three rights in a row and he pulled us over. He told us we couldn't do that! My friend said he didn't know what to do since he was driving so close to his car. He asked the cop if it was legal to tailgate someone that close. The cop then went to say that someone tossed a cigarette out of the car, and he could get us for littering (that was stupid of my friend to do by the way). He just let us go and went back to his spot. So basically the moral of the story is, if you are being followed by a cop, don't toss a smoke out of the window :rolleyes:

God I have a million stories about those small town cops. Well maybe not a million... that's a big number :smile:

i guess love really is blind...

she walked.

rocketboy said:

she walked.
:eek: :cry: Sorry to hear that. :frown:

rocketboy said:

she walked.
Ouch - sorry to hear that too, rocketboy! :frown:

It's not the end of the world, even though it feels like it!

rocketboy said:

she walked.
:cry: :cry: We love you Rocketboy. :smile:

I haven't checked this thread in awhile. Just read...

rocketboy said:

she walked.

sorry bro :frown:

not fun. not fun at all.

If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask. I've been there... it sucks, there is no other way to put it.

Don't sweat it man. you just need to go out with your friends and meet some more girls. There's plenty of smokin hot fish in the sea, and that's not just a saying. You already met that one chick at the party. So you see what I mean. It just wasn't meant to be, and you'll find someone even better. Besides, she was pretty attached to her parent's apron strings. You need a girl who can think for herself.

Last edited:
sure there are tons of hot girls... but she was different, i felt a connection to her like I've never felt before, i felt emotions towards her that i have never felt towards anyone.

btw, happy Canada day.

rocketboy said:
sure there are tons of hot girls... but she was different, i felt a connection to her like I've never felt before, i felt emotions towards her that i have never felt towards anyone.

btw, happy Canada day.

Bill Hicks, my favorite comedian/role model/someone we need in this world said:

"But you know, it's hard to have a relationship in this business, man. It's going to take a very special woman ... or a bunch of average ones.

Now yes, he was probably joking around saying something along the lines of, screw relationships, you can be perfectly content with a bunch of women instead. But like everything he says... there is a meaning on the surface, and also a deeper meaning. When you said:

"... i felt a connection to her like I've nver felt before..."

The first thing that popped into my head was that Bill Quote. Now, you are faced with two options.

1) Try to win her back.
2) Forget her, move on, and fill your life with a bunch of average women.

The reason I put number 2 in that way is this... I'm guessing you loved this girl. You still love this girl. And you will not stop loving this girl. Well you could meet the most amazing girl tomorrow, but you are so blind with the girl you just had that you will not even see it. You said it yourself... love is blind. Well you are going to be blind for awhile man. You aren't going to be able to see what you have in front of you.

As long as you realize this, and make an effort to not dismiss people from the get go, you will be ok.

By the way... option number one RARELY works, you will torment yourself, and put yourself through hell doing it, only to get glimpses of happiness, oodles of discomfort, and eventually you will move on to option number two... and not by choice.

Of course this probably a third option... because we can't really just package life into those two options, but, you throw out a third options, and more than likely I'll show you how it fits into one or two. For example, not dating... usually just a ploy to somehow "win" the former back. Anyways, keep your head up, and stop wrecking cars :smile:

rocketboy said:

she walked.
Sorry, rocket.:frown: That's really hard. The only positive thing I can say is that you are about to enter a new phase of life, and it's going to be very demanding. You are going to be very busy with school and meeting tons of new people. It's probably better that you are unattached for a little while as you are getting acclimated to all of this. My brother tried to maintain a relationship with his high school girlfriend after he moved across the country to go to college. They were able to keep it going for a few months, but eventually pressures on both sides just made it too difficult. I like his ex-girlfriend a lot, and I think that one day they might get back together, but for right now, it is easier for them to remain just friends.

rocketboy said:

btw, happy Canada day.

I can say with a great deal of confidence, that you will feel it again someday with the right girl

I told you...

It stings bad, but learn from this. You called her way too much, you should have vanished. Next time you meet a girl you like give her half the attention she gives you.

They'll be more and better ones, just have to take my word for it.

And stick to rule #1

nsimmons said:
Next time you meet a girl you like give her half the attention she gives you.
When a guy treats me like that, I back off, since it appears he's not very interested. I will find someone that "does" enjoy my company. Your "technique" would definitely backfire with me.

We aint talking about you sweetheart.

Last edited:
Hey, before I go on topic I just want to say what's up to everyone I've been reading these boards for literally a few years now and this thread finally got me to register and post =P I graduated from high school in '04 and just finished up at my JC after getting an AA and will be transfering to uc santa cruz in september hence the name... anyway with that said here's my take:

dude I'm really sorry for what you went through first of all - it really sounds like you got your heart broken and that sucks man.

Here is what I think about the situation (both yours and everyone else's) people put too much damn time and energy into "trying to make it work"... I don't do that anymore.

when I meet a woman and a relationship develops, they always say wow you're such a great guy I've never met anyone as caring as you are and so on and its true, I'm a passionate person and I put everything I've got into life.. but after the FIRST FIGHT, the FIRST TIME it gets ugly, I'm out.

and the same women, they say how can you be so cold? you don't even try! and they are right, I am cold to them now, I can never feel the way I once felt for them ever again, because feelings are something you FEEL! INSIDE! you do not WORK to MAKE your feelings happen, they just happen.

and I say why should I have to try? a relationship is not something that you should have to WORK at, it should flow, like good wine. it should be an enjoyable experience!

It should NEVER be a drain on you. Negativity is far more dangerous to your health than sunlight will ever be.

women are not life man, life is life, and women are just part of it. you have to find your passion, something that really gets you going, something to truly live for and fight for. women come and go, but your passion will always be there, and you will be a better person for pursuing it.

nsimmons said:
Yes, you are, you made a generalization and I'm proof it's wrong, and there are millions of women that think the same way I do.

oh and frogboy.. very much enjoyed your small town cops story.. i have tons of them myself.

One night I got pulled over by a cop here (in danville, california) and I asked him what the problem was... he said my tires looked flat.

Yep. he saw that my tires looked a little flat at 2 in the morning on a starkly lit backroad while i rolled by at 45 mph (in a 40.. no one tickets for 5 miles over the limit around here :smile: )

suffice to say he saw I wasn't drunk and let me go.. another night on the same road, i was going 50 in a 40 around midnight, and a cop pulled me over.

Well the bastard didn't have his headlights on while he was sitting at the side of the road, and I called him on entrapment and said he couldn't give me a ticket. and the SOB just put his ticket pad away, said have a good night, and walked back to his car. bastard smalltown cops...

I always found it entertaining how much the people in california hate their cops.. we even made it against the law for cops to use their radar on freeways, so the only way they can ticket you is to pull up directly behind you and match speeds with you, then they can pull you over. I'm always amazed that anyone can get pulled over on the freeways around here, since all you have to do is glace in the mirror now and then and see if a cop is sneaking up behind you, and if he is just change lanes and slow down heh.

my most amazing cop story though happened on the way back home from a girl's house around 3 in the morning... I was SO tired that i just couldn't keep my eyes open... so what was my brilliant solution?? I squinted as hard as I could to keep them from closing, and punched it up to around 107 mph so that the imminent danger would keep me awake.

well, I get off at my exit, and notice to my dismay that a cop is on my tail, and immediately turns on his lights. He walks over to my window shining a flash light in my eyes asking me if I know how fast I was going.. i tell him 80 :rofl: :rofl: , which he of course laughs off, makes me get out of the car and is shining this light right in my eye which kind of tipped me off, so I told him I wasn't on anything and asked if he would like to search my car (by the way, when I got out of my car i was shocked to see there were THREE cop cars parked behind mine... I must have been so tired that I zoomed by all three of em without even noticing)... he says sure so I reach into my pocket to grab my car keys for him and he pulls a GUN ON ME (only time in my life that ever happened...) that was some scary ****, he just told me to stay back and i was like hey sure buddy go for it...

anyway, after a couple of minutes he comes out and says well, since you let me search your car, I'm going to let you off.. I couldn't believe it =)

I'm just glad I never wrecked myself back when I was driving so crazy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:
When a guy treats me like that, I back off, since it appears he's not very interested. I will find someone that "does" enjoy my company. Your "technique" would definitely backfire with me.
Same here. I'd figure he wasn't really all that interested, and would start looking for someone else.

Nothing you do is going to lure back someone who has lost their interest (likewise, nothing you did pushed her away either...sometimes break-ups are mutual, but often it's one-sided, and there's no point blaming anyone for it), but ignoring someone is a sure fire way to lose someone who might have been interested.

see rule 1

slugcountry said:
oh and frogboy.. very much enjoyed your small town cops story.. i have tons of them myself.

One night I got pulled over by a cop here (in danville, california) and I asked him what the problem was... he said my tires looked flat.

Yep. he saw that my tires looked a little flat at 2 in the morning on a starkly lit backroad while i rolled by at 45 mph (in a 40.. no one tickets for 5 miles over the limit around here :smile: )

suffice to say he saw I wasn't drunk and let me go.. another night on the same road, i was going 50 in a 40 around midnight, and a cop pulled me over.

Well the bastard didn't have his headlights on while he was sitting at the side of the road, and I called him on entrapment and said he couldn't give me a ticket. and the SOB just put his ticket pad away, said have a good night, and walked back to his car. bastard smalltown cops...

I always found it entertaining how much the people in california hate their cops.. we even made it against the law for cops to use their radar on freeways, so the only way they can ticket you is to pull up directly behind you and match speeds with you, then they can pull you over. I'm always amazed that anyone can get pulled over on the freeways around here, since all you have to do is glace in the mirror now and then and see if a cop is sneaking up behind you, and if he is just change lanes and slow down heh.

my most amazing cop story though happened on the way back home from a girl's house around 3 in the morning... I was SO tired that i just couldn't keep my eyes open... so what was my brilliant solution?? I squinted as hard as I could to keep them from closing, and punched it up to around 107 mph so that the imminent danger would keep me awake.

well, I get off at my exit, and notice to my dismay that a cop is on my tail, and immediately turns on his lights. He walks over to my window shining a flash light in my eyes asking me if I know how fast I was going.. i tell him 80 :rofl: :rofl: , which he of course laughs off, makes me get out of the car and is shining this light right in my eye which kind of tipped me off, so I told him I wasn't on anything and asked if he would like to search my car (by the way, when I got out of my car i was shocked to see there were THREE cop cars parked behind mine... I must have been so tired that I zoomed by all three of em without even noticing)... he says sure so I reach into my pocket to grab my car keys for him and he pulls a GUN ON ME (only time in my life that ever happened...) that was some scary ****, he just told me to stay back and i was like hey sure buddy go for it...

anyway, after a couple of minutes he comes out and says well, since you let me search your car, I'm going to let you off.. I couldn't believe it =)

I'm just glad I never wrecked myself back when I was driving so crazy...

hahhaha... I love how you said, "would you like to search my car". That's classic.

Loved your other story too :)

I got a good one for you. This might be a little long :)

So I'm at my house with my ex-girlfriend, my really good friend and his ex-girlfriend. We are bored as hell, and one of us decides that we should just rent a movie and watch that for our night. However, it's late, and it's a small town, so stuff closes rather early. I believe it was going on 11:00.

So my friend and I tell the girls that we will be back real quick, and we take off. We get to the movie store and they are closed. It's like 10:50, and we find out that the store actually closes at 10:00. So we come up with this brilliant plan to see if a movie store is open in the next city. I call information and ask how late the store is open, they reply with 11:00. The city is 15 minutes away with normal traffic driving. We figured we could make it in 8 :)

So we hall ass there. Barely anyone is on the road. We didn't see an officer the entire time there, and actually happened to make it there in time :). So we get the movie and head back quite content with what we did. This naturally fades into another brilliant idea. We decide that we should just fly back so the girls think that we just went to the local store... and then we could impress them with our "great" feat.

So we start driving really fast back (not as fast as before). we were probably doing 75 when we come up on a truck doing the speed limit of 55. We come up quickly on its tail and my friend drops gears and passes.

Looking back in the rear view mirror, we could see the truck quickly accelerating. We were dropping back to about 65 or so, and he was punching it to keep up. He comes right up on our ass. So we are luck "FU" and we slow down to 45. He tails us hard like he's trying to read our plates. Then we are like ****... maybe he is trying to read our plates ! So my friend drops a gear and floors it. The truck starts accelerating to keep up. So we slow down again. The guy in the truck throws his hands up like he wants to fight us or something.

You know that look? Where someone's like, "hey let's throw down". So my friends starts swerving back and forth like he is weaving in and out of cones. The guy throws one fist up, like he is in a fit of rage, like "look at my first! this is going to be in your FACE". So we are flicking him off, screaming at him, a bunch of stuff. We soon have enough, so we punch it hard... and still, the guy stays with us. So we are like... WE SHOULD PULL A "TOP GUN" !

The "top gun" as we oh so elegantly named it is similar to a move done in the movie. In the movie, a plane is tailing a jet fighter, and the pilot who is being tailed, slams on the brakes and the plane fly's right by. Well obviously, we are constricted to two dimensions while driving, so slamming on the brakes would cause an accident... right? Well not with this move :) The "top gun" in the car is the following. First, you get someone to tail you. (please remember this is a small town, so it was two lane roads, one on the left, one on the right, where oncoming traffic drives) Second, while the cars are matched speeds, you quickly swerve into the lane on the left and slam on the brakes, effictively having the tailing car go flying by.

So we pull a top gun, and the truck goes flying by. The truck instead of just driving away on its' merry, slows way way down. He was doing something like 35 in a 55. So we are like... jesus, what do we have to do to get away from this guy. So we pass him, and just do the speed limit on the way home. As we are pulling into my subdivision, we see an array of lights and hear sirens behind us. Two cop cars come flying up behind the truck, pass him and get right on our bumper and pull us over in the middle of my subdivision. Well we've been pulled over many times. So, we follow some tips every time. As we were being pulled over we turn on our inside light. The driver rolls down the window while still driving, then stops and places both hands on the steering wheel. I put both my hands up on the dash. While the cops are getting out, we come up with a story, which is something along these lines.

We pass a truck doing the speed limit, and the guy starts tailing us. We were scared that he wanted to fight us, so we slowed down and accelerated to hope he would leave us alone. We didn't know what to do, because he was so close to our car, and we didn't want to get in a wreck.

So two officers come creeping up on the car. One on my side, and one on the left. Both of them have one hand on their gun, the other on their giant flash light. The officer asks my friends why he was driving so fast. My friend says, "well I wasn't going faster then the speed limit. I was just scared because this truck was tailing us for so long... and he was really close to my bumper... I didn't want to get in an accident".

The officer is like, "so... you weren't speeding? How about swerving?" My friend is like "nope, I stayed within my lane". Next the officer is like, "can I search your car?". If any officer ever asked us a question, we always said the following: "do I legally have to?". My friend says this. The officer, looking really mad goes "so you weren't speeding?... you weren't driving in the other lane?... you weren't swerving?...". My friend goes "no sir". Then the officer drops the bomb.

"Well son, you are in some deep ****. The man behind you driving the truck is an off duty sheriff"

He then walks back to his squad car without saying anything else. The other officer starts shining his flash light in the car looking for anything he can nail us on. Well the windows on my friends car are tinted in the back, so he couldn't really see much. So he takes his flash light and puts it directly on the back window and starts tracing it around while touching the glass! Almost like he was trying to paint the glass a different color. It was really loud, so my friend is like, "sir can you please not touch my car, I don't want my window scratched"

So some time passes and the "main" officer comes walking back up with something in his hand... it was a ticket. He gives my friend a ticket for reckless driving. Later we figured they couldn't get us for speeding since the off-duty didn't have a detector with him. All in all... we were lucky! We could have gotton in a lot more trouble.

So when we finally get back to my house, the girls were like,

"OH MY GOD! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN !"

we were like,

" what!? we got the movie :) "

nsimmons said:
see rule 1
Sure, if you are happier staying single, but then why bother dating at all?

nsimmons said:

Yes, that kind of 'strategy' won't work for women like Evo or Moonbear. i.e. you won't attract anyone worthwhile with this approach.

nsimmons said:
see rule 1
:rofl:
Somehow I like it(better to say it amuzes me all the time) when people repeat their own words over and over regardless to how strong the power of logic and reasoning of others is! Well although I know that's not what a wise person do...

nsimmons: You keep coming back to "wont work on me". Guess what no ones talking about you. Stop interjecting yourself as the subject of discussion.

hmmm... any idea? Does that mean there is something wrong/special with/about almost ladies here? I mean they are different from other women in the world or perhaps they are the 1s that no man want to date?:tongue2:

see rule1:biggrin:

Zantra said:
But it works amazingly well on teenage and early 20's girls- mostly because girls that age think differently:wink:

Oh no, I think every girl here has proved that all women think the same.:rolleyes: Some "rules" do work on certain women. Whether or not that is the girl one should try to date is another story.