Really confused help physics after computer science engineering

In summary, the conversation revolves around the speaker's dilemma between pursuing a degree in Physics Honours or Engineering. Although they are interested in Physics, their parents have convinced them to pursue Engineering. However, they are determined to continue their studies in Physics and are unsure of the options available to them. It is possible for them to pursue a Master's or PhD in Physics after completing a B.Tech degree, and there are various options available such as dual degree programs and integrated courses. It is recommended that they research different universities and programs to find the best fit for their interests and goals.
santo35
Hi ,

I passed out of high school this year,as a Science student and so I had to make a decision between taking up an engineering course and a general degree. I was always interested in Physics and so I left myself only two options- Physics Honours and Engineering.

i was quite good in physics from young age...i tried JEE but hard luck got low rank,

So,deep inside,I always wanted to do Physics Honours but my parents said I might have to struggle very hard to establish myself if I took up Physics Honours (since there are so many people doing this course),so they more or less forced me to take up Engineering. i am planing to do computer science engineering as i have slight inclination towards computer next to physics

However,I am determined to take up research in Physics after my B.Tech degree--but I am not sure if this is even possible. It would be a waste of time if I did a BSc degree after all these four years of engineering--in that case,what should I do?

Is it possible to do a MSc after B. Tech?

You see,I'm absolutely clueless, so please tell me the options I have if i take engineering
i have got good rank in srm college vit college and nit and sastra too...

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is possible to pursue a Master's degree in Physics after completing a B.Tech degree. Depending on the university and program you choose, you may have the option to do a MSc in Physics, Applied Physics, or even Nuclear Physics. You can also opt for a dual degree program, such as a B.Tech + MSc, which will give you the best of both worlds. Many universities offer programs that allow you to do your B.Tech and MSc together. Additionally, some universities offer integrated courses (B.Tech + MSc) that allow you to complete both degrees in a shorter period of time. Another option is to pursue a PhD in Physics. Generally, a PhD requires more coursework than a MSc and also involves research. It is important to note that admission into a PhD program usually requires that you have an undergraduate degree in Physics or a related field.I would suggest that you research different universities and programs to find the one that best suits your interests and goals. You can also reach out to faculty members in the Physics department of the universities you are interested in to learn more about the programs they offer. Good luck with your educational journey!

Related to Really confused help physics after computer science engineering

1. What is the relationship between computer science engineering and physics?

The field of computer science engineering and physics are closely related as both involve the use of mathematical concepts and principles to understand and solve complex problems. Computer science engineering deals with the design and development of computer systems and software, while physics focuses on understanding the fundamental laws and principles that govern the natural world. Many modern technologies, such as smartphones and artificial intelligence, are a result of the combination of these two fields.

2. How can studying physics help with computer science engineering?

Studying physics can provide a strong foundation for understanding the principles of computer science engineering. Physics concepts such as mechanics, electromagnetism, and thermodynamics are essential for understanding how computers and other electronic devices function. Additionally, studying physics can help develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and mathematical abilities, which are all crucial for success in computer science engineering.

3. I am struggling with physics after studying computer science engineering. What can I do?

If you are finding it challenging to grasp physics concepts after studying computer science engineering, it may be helpful to seek additional resources such as online tutorials, textbooks, or study groups. Additionally, try to make connections between the two fields and see how the principles you have learned in computer science engineering can be applied to physics problems. Seeking help from a physics tutor or your professors can also be beneficial.

4. Can I switch from computer science engineering to physics as my major?

Yes, it is possible to switch from computer science engineering to physics as your major. However, it may require additional coursework and a longer time to complete your degree. It is essential to speak with your academic advisor to create a plan that works for you and to ensure that you have the necessary prerequisites for a physics major.

5. How can I balance my studies in computer science engineering and physics?

Balancing your studies in computer science engineering and physics can be challenging but is achievable with proper time management and organization. It may be helpful to create a schedule and allocate specific blocks of time for each subject. Additionally, try to make connections between the two fields to make studying more efficient. Seeking help from your professors or joining study groups can also aid in balancing your studies.