Funny Chem Lab Videos: Needles, Safety Showers & Pine-Sol

In summary, these videos are hilarious and educational. Safety videos are necessary, but they can be very boring. The last video is particularly hilarious.
Physics news on Phys.org
I think I've had to watch a real safety video with that first scene in it! I wonder if that came from the same one where someone slits their wrist (or something like that) while trying to scrape a label off a bottle with a razor. You would not believe the things I've been tortured with in the name of safety training!

For fire safety training, I had to watch an old news clip done by Dr. Frank Fields on CBS about what a house fire really looks like when a Christmas tree catches fire. After watching that, the only question I had for the person doing the training was, "So, why are all the lit exit signs up near the ceiling where they'll be immediately obscured by the smoke in case of real fire?" Really, I think they need to be down at ground level. Not that I could find my way out of my building in an emergency if I wasn't starting from my lab/office anyway...the building is practically a maze (ask Russ, he's visited), and I can get lost just finding a new room on a good day!

That's the most hilarious thing I ever saw. I remember that first video from my chem labs. :D

Also, LoL@ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqtypLQLqMg&feature=related . I really needed that "INCORRECT" there to help me figure that out. :p

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
I think I've had to watch a real safety video with that first scene in it! I wonder if that came from the same one where someone slits their wrist (or something like that) while trying to scrape a label off a bottle with a razor. You would not believe the things I've been tortured with in the name of safety training!

For fire safety training, I had to watch an old news clip done by Dr. Frank Fields on CBS about what a house fire really looks like when a Christmas tree catches fire. After watching that, the only question I had for the person doing the training was, "So, why are all the lit exit signs up near the ceiling where they'll be immediately obscured by the smoke in case of real fire?" Really, I think they need to be down at ground level. Not that I could find my way out of my building in an emergency if I wasn't starting from my lab/office anyway...the building is practically a maze (ask Russ, he's visited), and I can get lost just finding a new room on a good day!

I wish I had a video to watch. All we have is a piece of paper with what to do and what not to do =(. Video would have been more fun.
I didn't see the one where they cut themself with the razor by accident. I bet it was funny though. My school's pretty small but it get's confusing if your not in the main halls so to speak.

Jesus Christ!
the last one really frighful

nikolekan said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS8sDLKwGcg [/URL][/QUOTE]

That is pretty funny (especially the guy they pointed at and chased after, for no reason).

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just plain wrong. Some people.

John McCain video.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Why are needles used in chemistry labs?

Needles are used in chemistry labs for precise measurement and dispensing of small amounts of liquid or reagents. They are also used for injecting substances into solutions or organisms.

2. What is the purpose of safety showers in a chemistry lab?

Safety showers are used in case of chemical spills or accidents where a person's skin or clothing may come in contact with a hazardous substance. The shower is designed to quickly rinse off the person and dilute the chemical before it can cause harm.

3. How does Pine-Sol work in a chemistry lab?

Pine-Sol, or pine oil, is often used in chemistry labs as a cleaning agent. It works by breaking down fats, oils, and other organic compounds, making it effective for cleaning laboratory equipment and surfaces.

4. Is it safe to mix chemicals in a funny chem lab video?

No, it is not safe to mix chemicals in a funny chem lab video. Mixing chemicals without proper knowledge and safety precautions can be dangerous and potentially cause harm to the person performing the experiment and those watching.

5. Why do chemistry labs have strict safety rules?

Chemistry labs have strict safety rules in place to protect the health and safety of those working or experimenting in the lab. Chemicals and lab equipment can be hazardous if not handled properly, and following safety regulations can prevent accidents and injuries.