1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Really having trouble between math/physics

1. Jan 8, 2008 #1
    I'm currently a junior majoring in physics, but taking 1 physics and 2 math classes this quarter (all upperdiv). I've recently changed my mind and decided that I would rather find a job after getting my B.S. and then after working for a few years, trying for grad school and going for phD. I'm probably gonna do a double in physics and applied math. I have to apply for REU's soon, but I dont whether for physics or applied math. I know the areas of physics fairly well, but dont know jack about what areas of research there are in applied math. The way things are going right now, I'll probably use my math degree to get a job. so it would be better to apply for an internship or REU for math, right? the problem is, i would probably rather go to grad school for physics or pure, not applied, math. so what if I change my mind and focus on physics? will not doing an REU in physics this summer ruin my grad school chances?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted