Really Important homework take-home test thing

In summary, the conversation is about an assignment for physics called the 'airline project'. The assignment involves drawing diagrams and calculating flight times for different routes using given percentages and speeds. The person is asking for help with starting the project and figuring out the time it takes to fly straight to Indianapolis. They are advised to read the instructions and show their own effort before seeking help.
Advil
Hey all, I have an assignment for physics that was due two weeks ago and I'm getting really desperate. It's called the 'airline project'. Here's a link to the assignment. I want to know how to go about starting and doing it.

http://www.fiz6qed.org/homework/tests/take3.htm

The percentages are.

top one is 60, bottom is 40.
then the speeds are 40, and bottom one is 60
and cruising speed is 550mph

I have to do KC to Indianapolis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello Advil,

Can you figure out how long it takes to get to Chicago if the windspeed is 40 mph?

Advil said:
I want to know how to go about starting and doing it.
You get started by doing the first thing you are asked to do : draw neat diagrams showing the 3 flight paths.

To get any help here, you must show your own effort first. Please read the sticky at the top of this forum, or the second link in my signature line.

We have the vectors drawn out already. I only have to do one of the trips, and that's to Indianapolis, other people were assigned the other trips.

To find the time do I just find the resultant vector of the two vectors.. one going straight to Indianapolis and one being the wind?

Resultant

OK, the desired result is flying straight towards Indianapolis. Can you make a vector diagram showing this result as the sum of other things?

What is the purpose of this "Really Important homework take-home test thing"?

The purpose of this test is to assess your understanding and application of key concepts and skills covered in the course.

How much time should I allocate for completing this test?

The amount of time needed to complete this test will depend on your individual study habits and the complexity of the questions. However, it is recommended to allocate a sufficient amount of time to thoroughly answer all questions.

Can I use outside resources while completing this test?

No, this test is designed to assess your personal understanding and knowledge. Using outside resources may lead to inaccurate results and hinder your learning progress.

What happens if I am unable to complete the test within the given time frame?

If you are unable to complete the test within the given time frame, please reach out to your instructor for further instructions.

Will this test heavily impact my overall grade in the course?

The weight of this test in your overall grade will depend on your instructor's grading criteria. However, it is important to take this test seriously as it is designed to assess your understanding of important concepts and skills in the course.