1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Really Important Problem

1. Nov 16, 2006 #1
    I am stuck on this problem and I really need to figure it out or I will probably have to kill myself. Just saying. Also, I'm having the worst day of life, was fired from my job, and basically laughed at by my parents. Here is the problem:

A 60kg person starts from rest and slides down the curved surface from height of 7.0 meters. If the speed at the bottom is 2.8 m/s, find how much thermal energy due to friction was generated.

PLEASE HELP!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2006 #2
    Oh, wait, I think I might have gotten the answer, does 3880.8J seem about right?

4. Nov 16, 2006 #3
    yeah, you got it right.

5. Nov 16, 2006 #4
    thank you, i really appreciate your help.

6. Nov 16, 2006 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That seems correct.

- Warren

7. Nov 16, 2006 #6
    hey can u guys help me plz

8. Nov 16, 2006 #7
    well the problem is
    if you use a horizontalforce of 30.0N to slide a 12.0 kgwooden crate across a floor at a constant velocity, what is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and the floor?
    PLZ HELP ITS DUE TMRW THNX TO WHO EVER HELPS

9. Nov 17, 2006 #8
    why the hell did you post your question inside someone else's thread?
    make your own thread, and show us what you've tried to do so far so we can help youi figure out where you went wrong.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?