REALLY need HELP to solve the problem

• Thread starter oliviecheng
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an experiment that was conducted to determine the force of friction on different surfaces. The results showed that the wooden block had a smaller frictional force compared to plastic or glass. The participants then questioned if the frictional force would be smaller if the same material was used, but it was noted that the crests on the wood could make it more difficult to move. The conversation then shifts to a homework problem involving calculating the coefficient of kinetic friction between a wooden crate and the floor.
oliviecheng
i have done an experiment to find the force of friction on several surfaces.but i found that the wooden block used can move in a smaller frictional force than on plastic or glass
Will the frictional force be smaller when the same material is used(wood on wood)?but there are many crests on wood, when the wooden block moves, crests will hit crests and make the block more difficult to move.
i suppose the frictiional force(wood on glass or plastic)is smaller then that of wood on wood

Physics news on Phys.org
It is not clear to me, what your question is.

Your only "problem" seems to be whether to trust your results. I would consider it very bad science to refuse to accept the results of an experiment because of some notion of what "should" happen.

need help with homework pleasez help

al right the problem is (If u use a horizontalforce of 30.0N to slide a 12.0-kg wooden crate across a flor at a constant velocity, what is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and the floor?) PLz help answr fast its due tmrw ahhhhh!

1. How can I effectively gather information to solve a problem?

To effectively gather information to solve a problem, you should start by clearly defining the problem and identifying what information you already have. Then, conduct research to gather additional information from reliable sources. You can also consult with experts or conduct experiments to gather data and analyze it to find potential solutions.

2. What are some common barriers to problem-solving?

Some common barriers to problem-solving include limited information, preconceived notions or biases, lack of resources or support, and fear of failure. It is important to identify and address these barriers in order to effectively solve a problem.

3. How can I improve my critical thinking skills to better solve problems?

To improve your critical thinking skills, you can practice actively questioning and evaluating information, considering multiple perspectives, and identifying patterns and connections. You can also seek out challenging problems to solve and engage in activities that promote creativity and innovation.

4. How do I know if I have found the best solution to a problem?

The best solution to a problem will effectively address the root cause, be feasible to implement, and have the potential for positive outcomes. It is also important to consider potential risks and drawbacks of the solution. You can also seek feedback from others and evaluate the success of the solution over time.

5. What should I do if I am stuck and cannot solve a problem?

If you are stuck and cannot solve a problem, take a step back and try to approach it from a different angle. You can also take a break and come back to it with a fresh perspective. Additionally, you can seek help from others or consult with experts for guidance and advice.