1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

REALLY need HELP to solve the problem

1. Nov 16, 2006 #1
    i have done an experiment to find the force of friction on several surfaces.but i found that the wooden block used can move in a smaller frictional force than on plastic or glass
    Will the frictional force be smaller when the same material is used(wood on wood)?but there are many crests on wood, when the wooden block moves, crests will hit crests and make the block more difficult to move.
    i suppose the frictiional force(wood on glass or plastic)is smaller then that of wood on wood

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2006 #2

Integral

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It is not clear to me, what your question is.

4. Nov 16, 2006 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Your only "problem" seems to be whether to trust your results. I would consider it very bad science to refuse to accept the results of an experiment because of some notion of what "should" happen.

5. Nov 16, 2006 #4
    need help with hw plzz help

al right the problem is (If u use a horizontalforce of 30.0N to slide a 12.0-kg wooden crate across a flor at a constant velocity, what is the coefficient of kinetic friction between the crate and the floor?) PLz help answr fast its due tmrw ahhhhh!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?