Really want to know this girl

hello everyone i am in my first year in university and i really want to know this girl more but i dont know how so start so any advice

gb7nash

Homework Helper
Re: help

Walk up to girl, icebreaker, talk.

Or if you're looking for the more subtle approach, facebook and friend her, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Is she just some random girl you pass by everyday? Do your friends know her?

we are good friends and yes all my friends know here she even dated my friend but he dated her for fun while she was looking for a serious realtionship

i didnt even like her but when she sat beside me i dont what happened we laughed and made jokes

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

i didnt even like her but when she sat beside me i dont what happened we laughed and made jokes
Well that's a good sign. Can you ask her for coffee or tea?

Dembadon

Gold Member

Follow Lisa's advice and listen to her when you're talking. I know it can be hard to concentrate when you're into someone, but you must focus! :biggrin: Find out what her interests are and ask about them.

i know some interests but how can i go from being friends to the next level??

Next assignment, ask her would she like to meet over coffee and have a chat about it.

So ye have a guaranteed thing to talk about.

and when will i take the next step cause we had many conversations and we had many laughs
my question is when do i ask her to take it to the next level??

What do you mean by next level?

If she agrees to coffee, ask her on a date afterwards. Keep your intentions clear.

here is the problem we both study in the university so we only see each other in uni
so if i want to ask her out i can because she lives very far from where where i live thats why i may have to give up on this one

I don't understand what you are trying to say at all.

If you aren't interested in the girl, don't ask her out. If you are, do. You don't need to offer excuses here =/

You both go to the same University, there can't be a huge distance between where ye both live.

man your right im just being silly i just need advice do you think i should ask my friends to see what she thinks about me before i ask her out

No..

You should stop over-thinking it. Ask her for coffee. She'll either say yes or no. Then take it from there.

what should do after this chat i always after this step you are talking about(coffee)??

consider me your little brother and tell me in details what to do
thats is all im asking for and thank you man for listening

please with a bit of details

What chat?

The impression I have gotten is that you only talk to her in lectures? Do you speak to her outside of the lecture theatres at all?

If you do only speak to her in lectures, the *first step* would be to arrange to meet and talk in a different environment. Within a lecture/work environment, she could easily just see you as a colleague. Not a friend.

Agreeing to meet for coffee, or for drinks or for *insert activity* will allow conversation to flow more naturally, you can be certain she likes you as a person/friend.

*Step 2*

Flirt over this coffee/chat/drinks. Make your intentions clear.

*Step 3*

Ask her on a date.

Majority of women like male attention, assuming she is single you shouldn't have too much trouble getting to step 3. Then she either says yes or no.

Make sure to actually ask her though. I would assume a guy sees me as a friend if I have met him under friendly terms 2/3 times or more and he hasn't tried anything/asked me out.

thanks but just for the record we never talk about lectures we had many things to talk about music jokes the wierd thing that she always laughs at my jokes even though i know they are lame so thanks for everything

Chances are she likes you then. I'd still ask her to meet you in a different environment before asking her out on a date. It just makes things more relaxed. Plus you aren't surrounded by people.

you are 100% right thanks and good luck with your life

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

When you have coffee for her, ask her if she'd like to go to a movie sometime, or maybe a concert - whatever you think she'd find interesting.

thank you very much but i have a small problem even if she likes to go with me to the movies she cant because she needs 2.5 hrs to reach her house and the only way to go there is only her dad and comes the other problem so i will try to start step by step and then we will see what happens thank you all

Can I ask what age you both are?

A date doesn't have to be a movie, you could go for lunch somewhere nice or even a walk in a park.

me 19 she 18