Reason to be embarrased?

• Thread starter Vebjorn
  • Start date
Which of course is a VERY bad thing.

Grades doesnot matter,grades only tells about what you have done, not about what you can do. You can always improve.And last of all exams are not the full and efficient indicators

Grades doesnot matter,grades only tells about what you have done, not about what you can do. You can always improve.And last of all exams are not the full and efficient indicators

I'm sure universities doesn't agree.

These truths are slightly counterbalanced by the fact that some bad grades are like a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life.

In the U.S. at least, the message of the educational system is clear: if there's any chance that you might not be very successful at something the first time, the wisest decision is not to attempt it at all.

There's no punishment for never having tried something new. All punishment is reserved for those who try something new and then have only average results.

This follows from the reason why university grades exists in the first place, which is to provide a service to employers so that they can decide which individuals should be permitted to feed their families at any time in the future.

I wonder who made Grade system and examination , I want to kill him.

In the U.S. at least, the message of the educational system is clear: if there's any chance that you might not be very successful at something the first time, the wisest decision is not to attempt it at all.

There's no punishment for never having tried something new. All punishment is reserved for those who try something new and then have only average results.

Totally agree.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html

In Norway it is not near as severe, with the influx of "BS" in primary and high schools, universities have opened up for many courses which everyone can join but are harder to pass.

Vebjorn in particular is about to begin high school and I had myself quite bad grades at the point he is now.

Edit: Really needed a comma.

Last edited: