1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reasonable time to relocate?

1. May 16, 2010 #1
    I was just offered a new job that's about 3 hours away from where I live now. I just accepted their offer and will have to undergo some background/criminal checks before I can discuss a start date. What's a reasonable start date (in terms of weeks)? I know it should be at least 2 weeks from now (typical notice to my current employer).

I'm also having a bit of difficulty in finding a good apartment near my new job. The earliest I can get for my first choice of apartment is July 1st. I will most likely get a call this week or next week to talk about my start date. Is July 1st asking way too long? I think it's a little over a month, despite living just 3 hours away.

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2010 #2
    Tell them you are having difficulty finding a good apartment, and want to start July 1st as a result. Then the ball is in their court to either accept your start date or help you find temporary housing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook