Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rebuilding the Tiki bar

1. Jan 7, 2016 #1

wolram

Gold Member

Is any one interested in rebuilding the Tiki bar, it is in a dilapidated state and needs a complete overhaul,
    We would need carpenters to rebuild the bar, electricians, mechanics to sort out the generator and some one to sort out the barbecue .
    The Tiki bar is on a tropical island with 300 days of sun, the beach is powder sand and the fishing is good,
    we have a fresh water supply.
    The transport to the ship can be arranged via Tsu who has an fully equipped RV, the good ship SS Ginsling
    will sail from various ports
    So if you are up to a bit of work and an open ended holiday put your name down now and be prepared to do some hard graft and to play hard or relax as is your bent.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2016 #2
    Can I work remotely ?

4. Jan 7, 2016 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

I am in.

5. Jan 7, 2016 #4

Bandersnatch

Science Advisor

Do you, perchance, need people who are neither electricians, nor mechanics, know very little about carpentry, and would probably try to hold a fishing rod backwards? Essentially, with a skill set limited to being largely immobile sunlight absorbers (I could take my own hammock). I believe I'd also make a terrific beta tester of the finished product.

6. Jan 7, 2016 #5

wolram

Gold Member

You can be taught essential skills, apart from that as long as you know how to make a good cocktail you are in:biggrin:

7. Jan 7, 2016 #6

wolram

Gold Member

We need you body and soul.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  8. Jan 7, 2016 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Yay, that is two of us, i am sure Tsu might come. we may even persuade Evo out of her castle:biggrin:

9. Jan 7, 2016 #8

Evo

OH YAY! the Tiki Bar is back! I'll have to rev up the supersonic RV!

10. Jan 7, 2016 #9
    I'll be the bartender!

11. Jan 7, 2016 #10

wolram

Gold Member

Only if you can make a spiced mojito:biggrin:

12. Jan 7, 2016 #11

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm on my way now! :woot:

13. Jan 7, 2016 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Good for you:biggrin: don't forget your tool kit

14. Jan 7, 2016 #13
    No problem boss! Coming right up!

15. Jan 7, 2016 #14

fresh_42

Is there Lagavulin available?

16. Jan 7, 2016 #15
    I'd love to serve people. Please count me in.

17. Jan 8, 2016 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Good old Silicon Waffle, we are gathering a good team, by that i mean there are no bosses on the island everything must be done via mutual consent in some sort of co operative, i do not have particular skills i am just a facilitator but i can put my hand to most things.

18. Jan 8, 2016 #17

wolram

Gold Member

We only have the 16yr old malt, we should be well stocked for booze, whisky, gin, rum, brandy beer, you people will have to decide what mixers to go with.

19. Jan 8, 2016 #18
    That is good to hear. But people need you genius facilitator.

20. Jan 8, 2016 #19

wolram

Gold Member

Things will not be all luxury, there are latrines to dig, roofs to thatch, living quarters to sort out, etc, etc. also we can not bring enough food with us to survive on, so we will need some one good at hunter gathering, there are wild boar on the island but i have no idea how to catch them or what fruits are edible.
    :eek:

21. Jan 8, 2016 #20

wolram

Gold Member

I have found this video seems it takes 4 to catch a wild boar,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook