Recent Ship to Gaza turmoil

• News
  • Thread starter TubbaBlubba
  • Start date
Now if they try and run the blockade; that would be an act of war.
Egypt will not likely let Iran pass through the Suez Canal. I think Iran is just ruffling feathers.

Egypt will not likely let Iran pass through the Suez Canal. I think Iran is just ruffling feathers.
Good point, I had forgotten that Egypt was also involved.

tiny-tim
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Arabs blockading Gaza

(how wonderful … now Norway instead of Sweden! :smile:)
Good point, I had forgotten that Egypt was also involved.
:rofl: :rofl:

Yes, everybody does forget that …

it's both Israelis and Arabs blockading Gaza. :rolleyes:

TubbaBlubba
Speaking of "arabs", at least from my travels in Egypt a good few years ago, Egypts frequently deny identification with "arabs", but rather identify themselves as... Egyptians.

But that's an irrelevant side note.

What I wonder is, do they blockade Gaza out of "fear" for Hamas or because they don't want to screw with Israel? I don't think it's very easy to get a good account on this, but...

Speaking of "arabs", at least from my travels in Egypt a good few years ago, Egypts frequently deny identification with "arabs", but rather identify themselves as... Egyptians.

But that's an irrelevant side note.

What I wonder is, do they blockade Gaza out of "fear" for Hamas or because they don't want to screw with Israel? I don't think it's very easy to get a good account on this, but...
I don't think it is fear, but they want to maintain their image as a stable nation. Weapons were being smuggled through their borders and they put a stop to it.

TubbaBlubba
I don't think it is fear, but they want to maintain their image as a stable nation. Weapons were being smuggled through their borders and they put a stop to it.
I heard something about tunnels going below the blockades, did they manage to put a stop to that too?

Evo
Mentor
Locked pending cleanup.