1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend a Maple book/guide

1. Nov 10, 2009 #1
    A course i'll be taking next semester might using maple to surf through following topics:

* Vectors and Vector Calculus

* Matrices and Rotations

* Differential Equations

* Power Series Solutions of Differential Equations

* Special Functions and Generalized Fourier Series

* Linear Systems of Differential Equations

* Nonlinear Differential Equations

I have used maple before, in Multivariable Calculus, but that was a while ago...and all we did in there was plot graphs. Point being, i'm as good as a newbie here.

I have maple in my laptop but i dunno where to begin. Sometimes i just kick off w/ whatever i find in google but that doesn't seem as progressive.

So, i would like a book/guide for maple that i can study, work through, and get a clue of what's happening.

All comments, suggestions will be much appreciated!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 12, 2009 #2
    anyone?

4. Dec 9, 2009 #3
    You might try Advanced Mathematical Methods with Maple by D. Richards. The first three chapters are a nice introduction to Maple.

Another good reference is Introduction to Maple by Andre Heck. It covers a lot of topics and has a lot of code interspersed in the text.

I also find that with Maple it helps to scour the manual pages related to your topic. There are a lot of functions that do a lot of not so obvious things and all of these functions seem to have many optional parameters. Good Luck!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook