1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend a Matlab Book

1. May 23, 2010 #1
    Hi, can anyone recommend a good Matlab book?
    Most of the books I have found on Amazon, etc. seem to be expensive textbook-type books.
    I am looking for a small, cheap, paperback "quick reference guide" kind of thing, something to bring me up to speed on basic syntax and useful functions.
    I want a printed book, not an online tutorial, PDF, or built-in help.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2010 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. May 23, 2010 #3
    Thanks Dr. Transport. I was hoping for something smaller and cheaper, though. I guess I'll try to track down a less expensive international edition. Any other suggestions?

5. May 24, 2010 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

online tutorials are free...

nothing is cheap, if you want a reference/text it will cost a few dollars. I'm not an advocate of international editions, for the most part, they cheat the author of their rightfully earned royalties. ~$70 is nothing compared to the price of other texts out there.

6. May 24, 2010 #5
    I don't really need a comprehensive reference- more like a quick overview-type book, as I already have some experience with math programming. But, I picked up a used copy of Mastering Matlab and I'll see where it takes me. Thanks.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook