Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter ff1111
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book Matlab
In summary, the conversation was about recommendations for a good Matlab book. The person was looking for a small, cheap, paperback book for basic syntax and useful functions. It was specified that they wanted a printed book, not an online tutorial or PDF. One suggestion was given, but the person was hoping for something smaller and cheaper. The idea of international editions was brought up, but it was mentioned that they may not be the best option. The person clarified that they did not need a comprehensive reference, but rather a quick overview book. They ended up picking up a used copy of Mastering Matlab.
ff1111
Hi, can anyone recommend a good Matlab book?
Most of the books I have found on Amazon, etc. seem to be expensive textbook-type books.
I am looking for a small, cheap, paperback "quick reference guide" kind of thing, something to bring me up to speed on basic syntax and useful functions.
I want a printed book, not an online tutorial, PDF, or built-in help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Dr. Transport. I was hoping for something smaller and cheaper, though. I guess I'll try to track down a less expensive international edition. Any other suggestions?

online tutorials are free...

nothing is cheap, if you want a reference/text it will cost a few dollars. I'm not an advocate of international editions, for the most part, they cheat the author of their rightfully earned royalties. ~$70 is nothing compared to the price of other texts out there.

I don't really need a comprehensive reference- more like a quick overview-type book, as I already have some experience with math programming. But, I picked up a used copy of Mastering Matlab and I'll see where it takes me. Thanks.

What is a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide"?

A "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide" is a book that provides concise and easy-to-use reference material for Matlab, a programming language commonly used in scientific and engineering applications.

What are the benefits of using a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide"?

Using a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide" can save time and effort by providing quick access to commonly used commands and functions in Matlab. It can also serve as a useful tool for beginners learning the language.

What should I look for in a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide"?

When choosing a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide", look for a book that is comprehensive, well-organized, and easy to navigate. It should also include examples and explanations to help you understand and apply the material.

Are there any free options for a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide"?

Yes, there are some free online resources available for a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide". However, it is recommended to invest in a comprehensive and well-written book for a more thorough and efficient learning experience.

How can I make the most out of a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide"?

To make the most out of a "Recommended Matlab Book for Quick Reference Guide", use it as a supplement to your learning and practice regularly. Try to apply the concepts and commands learned to real-world problems to enhance your understanding and proficiency in Matlab.