Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend a Matlab Book

1. May 23, 2010 #1
    Hi, can anyone recommend a good Matlab book?
    Most of the books I have found on Amazon, etc. seem to be expensive textbook-type books.
    I am looking for a small, cheap, paperback "quick reference guide" kind of thing, something to bring me up to speed on basic syntax and useful functions.
    I want a printed book, not an online tutorial, PDF, or built-in help.

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2010 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. May 23, 2010 #3
    Thanks Dr. Transport. I was hoping for something smaller and cheaper, though. I guess I'll try to track down a less expensive international edition. Any other suggestions?

5. May 24, 2010 #4

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

online tutorials are free...

nothing is cheap, if you want a reference/text it will cost a few dollars. I'm not an advocate of international editions, for the most part, they cheat the author of their rightfully earned royalties. ~$70 is nothing compared to the price of other texts out there.

6. May 24, 2010 #5
    I don't really need a comprehensive reference- more like a quick overview-type book, as I already have some experience with math programming. But, I picked up a used copy of Mastering Matlab and I'll see where it takes me. Thanks.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook