1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommend a Mechanics book?

1. Jan 5, 2008 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Im having a hard time in my mechanics class at my course. The teacher has recommended "Applied Mechanics" but the book looks incredibly dull and old fashioned. Im looking to buy another mechanics book.

Im doing product design and at the moment we are learning about friction of a block on a slope, turning forces of cogs, projectiles etc. I think its A level mechanics, but i didnt do maths at A level, so i need to catch up. However later on in the course it gets harder so i need a book which can teach me that also.

Does anyone have any recomendations?

Thanks for any help you can give,

James

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2008 #2

malawi_glenn

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

4. Jan 5, 2008 #3
    Ah sorry about that i didnt see it. Is anyone able to suggest a good one?

5. Jan 5, 2008 #4
    Try the search, there are many threads similar to yours.

6. Jan 5, 2008 #5
    I did search, i couldnt find anything. A lot of them seem to be dealing with a different side of mechanics than i am learning, or seem even more plain than the one i have been recommened to buy.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?