1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommendation Letters and Internships

1. Aug 8, 2006 #1
    I am an EE undergraduate currently going into my junior year. I transferred from the Computer Science department after completing freshman and sophomore CS courses with a poor GPA. I transferred to EE because I hated CS, and was basically taking the classes because I thought it would be a road to money. I got my GPA up to a 3.38 after transferring to EE. Since I have transferred to EE, I am mostly a straight A student, (I unfortunately got a B in Chemistry). The classes I am currently taking are much harder than what I took in CS; I just have a new found passion for the work, and have now found mathematics to be exciting, so my current grades are reflecting that.

I do have a point to all this jabber. My point is that I am on a new road, and I want to continue this road by setting goals for myself. I want to look further than the present so that I have a successful future. Part of a goal I have set for myself is to land an internship for this upcoming summer. I am assuming that in order to get this I need good grades (which I am working on, and will continue to get higher) and some letters of recommendation.

I understand how to get good grades, but I really do not know what I should be doing to get good letters of recommendation. I’m guessing I should talk with professors, or get involved in clubs, but I would like to hear from someone. So if someone could give me advice on getting an internship, and getting good letters of recommendation I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted