1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommendations: Quantum Mechanics, Randomness and General Relativity Books

1. Jan 29, 2008 #1

I qualified with a physics masters in 2003 but have not really dabbled with physics since then.

I want to get some books on Quantum Mechanics, General Relativity, and Randomness and Chaos which were the areas that I was particularly interested in while at university so that I can get back into these subjects.

I am looking for books which start from the basics but quickly get into the complexities and really go into some detail (but at the same time are well written). I am fairly fluent in maths and so am not looking for any books which take a simplistic approach or wash over difficult areas to the topics. I guess what i'm looking for are the seminal texts in each of the fields. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted