Recommended Free Mathematics Software

In summary, the conversation is discussing recommendations for free mathematics software for 3D graphing and conditional intervals. One person suggests GraphCalc, but the other person asks if it can handle a specific conditional interval for the graph. The first person then recommends checking out a specific page for a way to translate the equation for the conditional interval in the software.
hypermorphism
What free mathematics software do you use regularly or recommend for uniqueness ?
I use http://www.cs.ubc.ca/nest/imager/contributions/scharein/KnotPlot.html for quick graph checks or trivial numeric evaluation/integration. That it allows easy mouse-controlled rotation of 3-d surfaces is a welcome bonus.
What do you recommend ?

Edit: Whoops. Moderators feel free to move this to software.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
GraphCalc is good, but what if I want a conditional interval for my 3D graph?
For example, for [tex] y\left( {x,z} \right) = z\cos \left( {zx} \right) [/tex] , suppose I want to restrict the 3D image for values of x and z that will satisfy [tex] \left| {zx} \right| \leqslant \frac{\pi }{2} [/tex]

I can modify a window, but what if I want to set up this conditional interval ? (see Only the x and z values satisfying the condition, not the rest of the graph)

bomba923 said:
GraphCalc is good, but what if I want a conditional interval for my 3D graph?
For example, for [tex] y\left( {x,z} \right) = z\cos \left( {zx} \right) [/tex] , suppose I want to restrict the 3D image for values of x and z that will satisfy [tex] \left| {zx} \right| \leqslant \frac{\pi }{2} [/tex]

I can modify a window, but what if I want to set up this conditional interval ? (see Only the x and z values satisfying the condition, not the rest of the graph)
Check out this page, and note that your equation under your condition can be translated to z(x,y) = y*cos(y*x)*(abs(x*y) <= (Math|pi)/2) . :smile:

1. What is "Recommended Free Mathematics Software"?

"Recommended Free Mathematics Software" is a collection of open-source software programs that are designed to assist with mathematical computations, graphing, and data analysis. These programs are available for free and can be used for educational, research, or personal purposes.

2. What are the benefits of using "Recommended Free Mathematics Software"?

There are several benefits to using "Recommended Free Mathematics Software". Firstly, it is cost-effective as these programs are available for free. Secondly, they are constantly updated and improved by a community of developers. Additionally, they offer a wide range of features and functions that can be used for various mathematical tasks.

3. How do I download and install "Recommended Free Mathematics Software"?

The process of downloading and installing "Recommended Free Mathematics Software" varies depending on the specific program. However, most of these programs can be downloaded from their official websites or from open-source software repositories. Once downloaded, the installation process is usually straightforward and can be completed by following the instructions provided.

4. Can "Recommended Free Mathematics Software" be used for advanced mathematical calculations?

Yes, "Recommended Free Mathematics Software" can be used for advanced mathematical calculations. These programs offer a range of features such as symbolic computation, calculus, linear algebra, and statistical analysis, which make them suitable for complex mathematical tasks.

5. Is there technical support available for "Recommended Free Mathematics Software"?

Since "Recommended Free Mathematics Software" is open-source, there may not be official technical support available. However, most of these programs have active online communities and forums where users can ask for help and support. Additionally, many programs have detailed documentation and tutorials that can assist with troubleshooting and learning how to use the software.