1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Recommended statistics textbook for independent study

1. Oct 8, 2011 #1
    so it turns out i only need 2 classes next semester before i wrap up my undergrad degree in statistics, but i have a scholarship that requires me to take 4 classes. i was thinking about doing an independent study through the college to help make up one of the ones i'm missing.

2 things i'd be interested in learning: bayesian statistics, and linear algebra specifically for statistics.

i don't really know anything about bayesian stuff, other than the very basic problems we did in intro stats, and i already have a bit of experience with linear, although not from a stats perspective (i.e. stat applications). i just really like linear, and i'd like to develop it more. i have taken both an intro and proof based linear, but i'd like more application.

does anyone have any suggestions? they'll have to be books that my teachers can approve so i can get credit for them. thanks

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted